Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at a 14 ft Lund Aluminum, with a 15hp Mercury four stroke all in excellent shape. The boat is a 2001 and motor a 2006. Comes with a galvanized trailer. Im not really familiar with prices, just know a lot of boats out there in rough shape. What should this setup sell for? Comes with an average trolling motor, elec anchor, old fish finder and has 2 bench seats and two separate seats in back. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sounds like you are looking at a WC-14. I assume it has no floor or livewell otherwise it's the DLX version (even better).

Does it have a 15 inch transom and a short shaft or a 20 inch transom and a longshaft?

I would say that boat is probably "right" priced. The nice thing about buying a used Lund is that it will retain its value very well.

I picked up a 2006 Lund WC-14 with a 9.9 Merc 4 stroke a couple of years ago and paid $3100. 20 inch transom. It was underpowered so I had to swap out and get a 15 horse. It's a great little boat and I've been very happy with it. It's very cheap to run, easy to maintain, quite stable for a 14 footer, and I pull it with a 4 cylinder car.

I don't think you can go wrong with it. It will sell for the asking price in pretty short order...I'd bet on that...

Now go get it and post some pics!

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Hard to say without seeing it...sounds like it is a decent price for the pkg. you would be getting.

Good luck if you get it.

Post a pic of the new rig!

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Sold my 14-WC ,88 Lund/93 15 Evinrude 2 stroke last year. Had floors,sounder w/temp,speed,Anchormate11,3 slide/swivel seats,elec motor, galv trailer,lights,2 batteries (sounder,lights) too cheap I'd guess at $1600.
Went to place an ad, and a young guy who worked there bought it. NIce kid, and was glad to see him get it. Must have had 20-25 calls.

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
That boat is gonna be GONE in a day or two. He has it priced right. Some folks know the game and price stuff correctly to sell...

On the otherhand, the guy around the corner from me has 1954 12' aluminum with a 1949 8HP, Johnson and a 1950 trailer with 10" wheels that he wants $1000 firm for it... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I picked it up last night! I think its going to be a good little boat, just wanted to make sure it was in the ballpark. Its got a nice layout that I can build some floor into eventually. I will post some pics as soon as I can.

·
Registered
384 Posts
i agree with bonney and j.j. sounds like a great deal and buy. have played in a lund 17 and alumicraft 14 for 10 to 12 years and never any probs. they back their boats ten-fold. should be an excellent combo with the four-stroke and 14 ft. i have a 2005 merc 25hp short shaft on my flat alumicraft but it's just for ducks. doesn't do too bad on gas but next year it's an upgrade.

nice find

scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts