Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going up this wednesday to the river. im prolly going to hit up the mason tract and Mio. off course im going during the week to the mason tract. cuz all of those silly kayakers and stuff. im prolly going to fish mio too. ive never been there so if anyone can reply or PM that'd be great:D

i just need a descent spot to get my waders wet and get some trout.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hey
If your hitting the Mason tract try Smiths Bridge while it is not "officially" part of the Tract its an easy wading in an out spot. The 1st Campground is alos and easy spot to fish. The further you go in the longer the walk to stream etc. Try Chase Bridge in the southern most part of the Tract as well. As for Mio Cumins flat and Mckinley Bridge access spots offer the easiest wading although it still can be tricky. I just read the River system is up as of this past tuesday june 5th and wading is near impsooible but if your going in the next week its shouyld be ok. Tight Lines!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya thanks a lot man. ya i was looking at the river and its looking pretty brutal, but they said it will be better next week. ya i go down from smith bridge, theres a little 2 track with turnoffs.

thanks again.

·
Registered
815 Posts
NP Anytime!! Good Luck when you go Tight Lines an safe Wading!!
If ya need any more info Just lemme know.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
the rivers have been really high and fast the last week.we got another big thunderstorm last night so it's not going to help..ausable is higher than i've seen in years..also stained brown
the north branch ( kellog bridge ) isn't bad and pretty clear.
south branch has been pretty busy all year.even week days

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so hows the water looking up near the south branch? and mio? is it geting better or is it still bad???

THANKS

·
Registered
815 Posts
Water should be coming down now and its supposed to be dry for a week so things so be better. I am traveling north this sunday hitting the sturgeon an pigeon for a week and the ausable on the way down so i will have a better report for ya on the 26th. :lol: tight lines

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
fished the main stream last night.water is almost back to normal. nice and clear. no hex in my area yet but sooooooooooooon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just got back from fishing. i cuaght a lot of trout but there were small. i fished to about 11:00 every night. had some big hits at night though. i was fishing near town, i really didnt see that much hex but look for them soon. its still fun catching those10-14" trout though. oh i also tryed fishing with spoons and worms, i caught a big sucker though.

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
7,596 Posts
Just got back from 3 days of fishing up there. Hex spinners were full blown. From dusk till about 1:30am. I talked to a guide buddy and he said the first hex's they saw were thursday.

We were on the Manistee Friday morning 2am-5am and the hatch had already happend there or never did. Friday we floated the South Branch and parts of the main branch and we were in Hex Heaven. Saturday we waded further upstream on the South Branch and the Hex hatch was going but not anywhere near as many.

IT'S ON!!!!!!!:woohoo1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts