Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a StrikeMaster Lazer Mag Xpress 2 stroke Lazer Lightweight Auger.

Can't seem to get fuel into the carburetor?

I replaced the spark plug, Gaped the plug, fresh gas, new fuel line, cleaned every thing, blew air thru everything & yes, I opened the gas cap breather. It only runs off of starter fluid.
I am thinking that I need to buy a new carburetor.

Has anyone been thru this before?

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Yes, rebuild or replace the carb. It's generally about the same price to replace as it is to rebuild it. Then run rec gas or true fuel to prevent it in the future.

I replaced the spark plug, Gaped the plug, fresh gas, new fuel line, cleaned every thing, blew air thru everything & yes, I opened the gas cap breather. It only runs off of starter fluid.

Sent from my moto z3 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

First I would check the primer ball ethanol destroys these. Second check fuel line going into tank my old one had a filter on the end could be clogged.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Rec fuel is fine but you can also use an oil that has a stabilizer additive in it which is what I have done since day one with my auger and haven't had any start or run issues even sitting over the summer with regular gas. I have an Eskimo auger and use their oil stabilizer but I also use it in all my other small engines and they all run great. Anything that is 50:1 gets that same regular gas and that oil mixture. Weed eater, blower, cultivator etc....and some are on about their 10th year and all start and run great.

Willing to bet your problem is carb, usually the #1 thing I check and end up finding is the problem any time there is gas issues. Besides, doesn't hurt to clean them once a year anyways. As said, often complete replacement is same price and less of a headache then a rebuild.

Reactions: Freeway
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.