Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know if anglers point still sharpens blades and if they do how much does it cost? bought a new set but would like my old ones sharpened. if anglers point doesn't sharpen does any one know of any other place that sharpens?

· Registered
7 Posts
does anybody know if anglers point still sharpens blades and if they do how much does it cost? bought a new set but would like my old ones sharpened. if anglers point doesn't sharpen does any one know of any other place that sharpens?
Johns cutlery on Jefferson around Cotton did mine today. $14 for 6inch laxer auger. Did it while I waited

· Administrator
18,846 Posts
Johns cutlery on Jefferson around Cotton did mine today. $14 for 6inch laxer auger. Did it while I waited
How would you rate the blades?
<----<<<

· Registered
5,615 Posts
Do any of you know of anyone in the Port Huron area that sharpens auger blades?
I have called Anderson's & Anglers & they don't.
Thanks in advance.

· Registered
9,804 Posts
Do any of you know of anyone in the Port Huron area that sharpens auger blades?
I have called Anderson's & Anglers & they don't.
Thanks in advance.
I am sure if you call Jerry at Anglers pointe and ask when a good time to stop by would be he would sharpen them while you wait. He has done it for me and a friend while we waited, and have seen him bring them out to someone waiting after he sharpened them. You just need to stop in when they aren't slammed. I really didn't wanna post that cause then people will just expect him to sharpen them while they wait.

· Registered
5,615 Posts
I am sure if you call Jerry at Anglers pointe and ask when a good time to stop by would be he would sharpen them while you wait. He has done it for me and a friend while we waited, and have seen him bring them out to someone waiting after he sharpened them. You just need to stop in when they aren't slammed. I really didn't wanna post that cause then people will just expect him to sharpen them while they wait.
Thanks Norm...Jerry & Sheri run a great store & really know how to take care of their customers.

Looks like I will drive down to see them & get my blades done.

Reactions: hank91

· Premium Member
8,388 Posts
I sent blades to Anglers Point a few years back. I could not believe how fast the turn around was. Great place to deal with to get blades sharpened.

The blades had been abused by cutting the sand filled ice on Silver Lake (Sand Dunes). They cut just like the did when they were new.

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Buy a 1.5 inch belt sander from Harbor Freight, a matching leather belt on Amazon and some green rouge. Watch a couple of ytube vids, and touch up the edges. Google how to shim the blades with some tin from a pop can.

If you have good steel from years ago, that's all you'll need. If you have cheaper/softer steel, it will still be better than paying to have it sharpened only to get dull again.

Shimming is typically a better fix than sharpening. Too many times, the auger is banged on the ice, in the tub, etc., and the blade angle gets off. Shimming corrects the lack of bite problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.