Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's another M-S Santa's Christmas auction !!

The need this year is greater than ever and there are so many people that have nothing.
Proceeds will go to buying Christmas Presents, Food and Warm Coats for needy children. They need our help people.

Omega58 ( Randy ) has generously offered to donate a bird hunt on his preserve in Clare to help with the cause ! Thanks Randy !!

Ok, Let's get roll'in !! :)
Here are the specifics for the preserve hunt per Omega58 :

Winner selects either 10 pheasants or 20 chukar at our preserve in Clare. Hunt willl take place sometime this winter/spring on a date agreed upon. I'm 2 hours away, so a weekend would be best for me.

You can use your own dogs or dogs can be provided by some fellow M-Sers.

Also included would be a lunch or dinner at the cabin depending on morning or afternoon hunt.

There will be a 4 gun max for the hunt.

And if the winner would like to purchase additional birds other than what is donated, we can discuss that as well.

After the auction the lucky winner will be contacted by Omega58 to set up your hunt date.
Wow, Thanks again Randy ! This sounds like a heckofa good time !! :)
Some exciting bird action and your gonna feed us to boot !

ALSO !!!!!!!!!! :
Our very own Ebowhunter, ( Eric ), owner of The Haus Of Taxidermy, and a sponsor of M-S has generously donated a mount for 1 of the birds. A pheasant or a Chuckar taken on the hunt ! Eric is a licensed taxidermist and a member of MTA & NTA.
I really like those bird mounts, they look great in the living room or den. :)

Thanks guys, your generosity will make for some very happy kids come Christmas morning. :)

Auction ends Sunday the 13th at 4pm in the afternoon.

Donation is due immediatly after the auction ends.

Merry Christmas & God Bless

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I haven't shot a pheasant since I was 14 or 15 years old. I can still remember waiting for the 10am legal shooting time with my Dad and Uncles......:)
The smell of gun oil and burnt gun powder along with the good natured kidding and laughter really bring back the memories.
Dad and most of my Uncles are gone now and birds are so scarce these days that I don't hunt'em.

I'm gonna get in on this one.

·
Registered
993 Posts
$ 150

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haus of Taxidermy has just donated a mount to sweeten the pot.

Thanks Eric, your donation is very appreciated !!

God Bless ya. :)

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I would be willing to offer the use of a couple dogs if someone is interested who does not own dogs.

As well as offering $250.00

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Well, congrats to the winner, at least he has a short drive.

Also, talked with my brother (MoneyMan11) and we are also donating another hunt, but no auction for this one.

Thunderhead is the winner! Sometime between now and turkey scouting begins, you and a few friends/family have a 15 pheasant or 25 chukar hunt waiting for you.

This is something we decided would be in the spirit of Christmas for all you have done here on M-S over the years to help out the less fortunate kids.

And now with it posted on here, you can't turn it down or offer to pay.

Dogs will be provided by Jeff (Vizsla Hunt Dog) and my pup will be on the ground as well.

Lunch or dinner also provided. Most likely my White Chili posted on the site.

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,145 Posts
Yes, Virginia there IS a Santa Claus :D

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, congrats to the winner, at least he has a short drive.

Also, talked with my brother (MoneyMan11) and we are also donating another hunt, but no auction for this one.

Thunderhead is the winner! Sometime between now and turkey scouting begins, you and a few friends/family have a 15 pheasant or 25 chukar hunt waiting for you.

This is something we decided would be in the spirit of Christmas for all you have done here on M-S over the years to help out the less fortunate kids.

And now with it posted on here, you can't turn it down or offer to pay.

Dogs will be provided by Jeff (Vizsla Hunt Dog) and my pup will be on the ground as well.

Lunch or dinner also provided. Most likely my White Chili posted on the site.

Omega ! What the heck ?!?!
For the first time in my life I don't know what to say ! You guys really didn't have to do that. :)

WOW ! That is just too cool !
This is one of the best Christmas presents I've ever recieved ! You guys just made me a very happy man. I haven't bird hunted in so long, talk about a real treat. :)

Thanks to you and your brother Randy, I'm really looking forward to comming up and doing some gunning.

Wishing You and Yours a Very Merry Christmas My Friend.

Gotta go dig out my O/U now and start gett'in ready !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coolgleam

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll bump another 50.

$350.
Great thing your doing guys!!
We have a winner !!
Congrats !!

Thanks again to all of you that bid. There are going to be some very happy children because of the generosity shown here. :)

Birdsonthebrain, I'll be shooting you a PM.

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas Thunderhead! That's good stuff Omega 58, Tom is truly one of the good guys, it is nice that someone plays Santa for him.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts