Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished below Foote Dam. Found a descent number or fish and through everything and anything at them. Not one bite. Clear water, spooky fish, tough day. Anyone have hints for how to tease the salmon into striking in this area?

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
Don't know if you are using spawn, flies or whatever. But with either bait, try using a clear bobber (Float). Also, use flourocarbon leader, and I believe you'll see some chance at action. IMHO

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
you said it right,tough day to fish low water sunny skies and the pressure was extremely heavy,making the fish very skitish.below the damm the is a very tough place to fish when the salmon are in,espcially on the weekends(for lack of better words just to many ya hoo's)I fished saturday morning in the meathole area I was using bobber and spwan,went 0 for2.the only way I will fish the tailrace area is from the north side of the river,in the fast water,i use globugs or glo eggs,in the slower moveing pools I use use bobber and spwan or one of my old time favorites casting ping a tee's.last weekend I saw more fish further down river then I did by the damm.I try to fish areas less travled where the fish are not as spooked,last weekend was tough to do people evrywhere.I didn't fair so well myself last weekend.
good luck,larry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts