Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ice fish for walleye in AG? Planning an overnight camping trip on the ice and was debating about where to set up. Hoping for good ice within a few weeks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I fished Augres the day after Christmas for a few days, the only ice was at Northport I put my time in and landed 2 14" crappie and a 25" eye both personal bests there were a lot of small throwbacks too. The river froze on Wednsday and there was shore ice off of booth with one person fishing as soon as the winds calm and the temps drop this week it won't take long I would post images if anyone has any tips on how to.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
River has ice, but be careful. Ton of snow now.

On New Years Eve the high wind blew the water out and the ice dropped about 6-10", it was alarming to see. There was only 1-2" at that point, and it made some spots iffy.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Anyone ice fish for walleye in AG? Planning an overnight camping trip on the ice and was debating about where to set up. Hoping for good ice within a few weeks!
I fish augres pretty regularly, but seems it has not been nearly as good in years past. Its pretty solid for whitefish and trout if you put the work into it. I started moving to standish and pinconning the majority of the winter and heading back to augres in mid march. Had some ok last ice trips, but still nothing compared to the inner bay. Now ice out shore fishing with cranks proved pretty good. Kinda the same report with tawas.

·
Registered
11,410 Posts
Can anyone shoot me a pm regarding the water clarity and pike situation between Augres and the rifle? Buddy has a cottage on the lake there and I've never fished it.

My main quarry as stated is pike, but whitefish is a great bonus!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts