Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

ATV spreader experiences?

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Lumberman 
#1 ·
I'm looking for opinions or experiences with different Atv spreaders.
The prices seem to be all over the board.

Thanks

#8 ·
I have a tow behind and use a Polaris Ranger. It was given to me with the used disc I purchased. I can't see what is going on very well. I wish I could see how fast the fertilizer or lime was going down, and how it is being broadcasted. I have to stop the Ranger and get out to adjust the flow. You dont even know if the hopper is empty sometimes.
If I had to pay for something I would get something else.

#9 ·
Purchased the Precision 130lb 2 years ago - great unit - have spread fert, lime and seed down to clover. Will not due oats!!!! has 3 or 4 holes that the material crops out off and the oats lock up over them.

Wish I would have purchased the 200 lb (did not have in stock when I purchased) unit. larger unit allows you to disengaged a loaded unit and free wheel it to a field then pin the spreader. But may give up control of small seed like clover on a single hole.

130 lb'er has trailered well loaded thru disked fields.

#10 ·
I have a tow behind and use a Polaris Ranger. It was given to me with the used disc I purchased. I can't see what is going on very well. I wish I could see how fast the fertilizer or lime was going down, and how it is being broadcasted. I have to stop the Ranger and get out to adjust the flow. You dont even know if the hopper is empty sometimes.
If I had to pay for something I would get something else.
My review is about the same as yours. If I had to do it over I would buy the battery operated one that attached directly to the quad and not that pull behind. It's kind of a pain in the neck.

It's works but I don't build big flat square plots. I like the more natural look. Long and winding with stumps and bushes in the way. I have rolled it over more then once when it was full.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.