Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Yamaha Grizzly. Over the last several months, battery has gotten sluggish and need to replace, certainly before upcoming trip in November. Any recommendations on specific batteries or brand?

I have not even pulled the battery out yet, don't know specifics.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
37,056 Posts
Pull the battery and take it with you to your local NAPA store. Charge it when you get home prior to installation. Be prepared for sticker shock.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I'm a Napa battery guy too. The legend battery is a good battery. Replaced my 2010 Polaris Sportsman battery a few years ago. Long over due. I've been using them in my quads for decades. Around 100.00 for my 850 XP battery.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I’m a Napa battery buyer myself. The good ones were Deka extreme. Now they are Napa extreme I believe. Same battery just a different name. Have had great luck with them. Original battery on atv would run down quickly plowing using the winch with lights on and hand warmers. Haven't had a problem with the new ones. But I do plug in charger after plowing.

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Do any of you use battery tenders, if so what brand.

I'm also looking to buy another atv battery.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I use a Pro Mariner Sport 1.5 amp charger. I liked my 4 battery on board Pro Mariner(Marine) charger so much, I bought the smaller unit for my quad, SxS and lawn mower.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, awesome input! It had a Yuasa in it that from 2010. I'm trying to find the same Yuasa local, but nothing in stock and not sure they are able to order it. I might look into the Napa Legend Extreme.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Thanks guys, awesome input! It had a Yuasa in it that from 2010. I'm trying to find the same Yuasa local, but nothing in stock and not sure they are able to order it. I might look into the Napa Legend Extreme.

Thanks again!
Try Rocky Mountain ATV or Batteries Plus.

·
Registered
498 Posts

Thanks again!
I’d be looking for the same Yuasa also. 10-11 years on a battery. You got a good battery. My buddy bought a replacement Yuasa only lasted a year. They all must not been created equal.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I’d be looking for the same Yuasa also. 10-11 years on a battery. You got a good battery. My buddy bought a replacement Yuasa only lasted a year. They all must not been created equal.
I have had the same luck with replacement Yuasa's, Tried the MotoBatt like the idea of dual posts so I could use the same battery in the quads as snowmobiles but not much better, picked up two cheap lead acid batteries this summer ~$50 will see what happens over time.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As we all honestly experience, with batteries (of any kind) it does often seem like luck of the draw! Regardless of brand sometimes!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
The batteries use makes a difference too. If your quad is parked for several months and only used seasonally, that's tough on batteries unless you have a trickle charger in it. I use my quad 12 months a year but only occasionally during the 6 month warm season. I use my SxS the 6 warmer months mostly. Both machines batteries get used frequently. It's a roll of the dice on aftermarket batteries but I'm happy with Napa Legend extremes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts