Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder to follow the safety rules.

Atv accident kills driver, 16

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-36/118044635345580.xml&coll=6

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

IONIA COUNTY -- A 16-year-old on an all-terrain vehicle was killed Monday when he and a passenger were thrown from the four-wheeler as he drove it on uneven ground and without a helmet, police said. The teen was driving along a two-track near Whites Bridge and Centerline roads in Keene Township about 2 p.m. when the accident occurred, state police troopers said. A 15-year-old female passenger suffered minor injuries. Authorities did not release the names of the victim or his passenger.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Sad indeed.

The fact that so few get killed/maimed speaks greatly to the abilities of humans in being 'flexible'. That applies to snowmobles as well or more so.
An ATV operator was wishing I was not driving so slowly-(35-40) while mushrooming recently. Finally he cut off the road onto a trail paralleling the road-gunned it and shot past and back onto the road ahead of me. Once while passing I though he was done-but not. Also get to inhal a lot of good dust and other atv/snowmobile exhaust. Must just be great.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
In Northern Indiana last weekend a 13 year old boy was killed why riding an ATV as well. Guess what? Yep, no helmet! Likely no training as well. I know here in MI, you get a free atv safety class with your atv purchase. It's not mandatory to take, but it is free. (might be mandatory for youngsters, but I don't know for sure)

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
I can't say I've never done anything stupid and I definitely wouldn't say I'm not a risk taker. (Someone was talking about the guy speeding by earlier.....Sounds like something I would do...SORRY!!) I think this is a true tragedy though. I also feel a helmet may have helped. I don't know how the person died, but they can help quite a bit. Either way. This was a TRUE TRAGEDY!!:( :( :( It's always sad to see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts