Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to South East Ohio next weekend. I'm looking for some type of attractant that I can put out. I just want to keep the does around a little longer. Where I'm hunting is very very hilly so I will have to be walking along ways. I'm looking for something that is lightweight that I can sprinkle out. I know they make acorn rage that comes in a powder. What are your thoughts thank you

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I'm going to South East Ohio next weekend. I'm looking for some type of attractant that I can put out. I just want to keep the does around a little longer. Where I'm hunting is very very hilly so I will have to be walking along ways. I'm looking for something that is lightweight that I can sprinkle out. I know they make acorn rage that comes in a powder. What are your thoughts thank you

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Sounds to me like the ever calm might be something to think about.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I like buck bombs,kind of expensive so I just spray a trail of it. You can set it to just blow off the whole can,seems like a waste of 10$ to me though. Buddy of mine had a small buck sniffing the trail he had sprayed down on his was in that morning about a week ago.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I'm heading down tomorrow! A grunt call and a bleat can, maybe a rattle bag is all I bother to carry. The rest of the stuff isn't really needed. Hunt the terrain, play the wind, and be patient! Doesn't get any better than this!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thank guys I was also looking into big&J's has anyone ever tried it???
Yes, I put some out in my spot in the U.P. a few weeks ago, I used the powder/granule bag. It was gone in a weeks time. They pawed at the ground almost digging a hole after it.

Last year was the first time I ever tried any kind of attractant, I was impressed with the results. Last year I used Acorn Rage and they cleaned it right up, and kept coming back for weeks pawing at the ground.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Acorn Rage works well. I hunt about a mile back in the woods. It is light weight and easy to carry in my backpack. Deer love it!

·
Premium Member
16,552 Posts
You didnt say whether it was private or public. No baiting on public ground down there. Better read what they consider bait if it is public.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts