Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys:

I dabble in the fishing industry - write a few articles from time to time for In-Fisherman. I'm working on one about jigging hard beads for next season's Ice Annual. Anyone who would be interested in contributing, please send me a PM.
I won't use any info like spots, locations, etc - obviously. It will just be about technique. You can choose whether or not we use your name.
Thanks for any help.

This technique is really cool - I learn more about it everyday. Love to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
What is "jigging hard beads"?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/yy209/icejigger454/?action=view&current=McGathysSlabGrabberGusterSpoons.jpg&newest=1#!oZZ26QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs792.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fyy209%2Ficejigger454%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DMcGathysSlabGrabberGusterSpoons.jpg%26newest%3D1

uptracker the spoons in this photo can be deadly on Lake St Clair perch without the use of any bait. There are many different styles of these spoons with a hard plastic bead. I can't figure out how to get this photo posted but if you click on the link you should be able to see the photo.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Gotcha...thanks guys. They sell those all over up here. No one buys them though (haha). I had no idea what you were talking about until I saw the pic. I'll have to try them out...

Thanks

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Gotcha...thanks guys. They sell those all over up here. No one buys them though (haha). I had no idea what you were talking about until I saw the pic. I'll have to try them out...

Thanks

If you fish for perch and these arent in your arsenal you are missing out on some great fishing!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
known Mark most of my life we live within 2 miles of one another and Mcgathy only lives about 8 miles away all her in the thumb!! Diamond Willows on the left and Guster hooks to the right they both have their time and place.I will be selling to more stores around Lake St Clair this coming year! Good Luck and Good fishing.Oh by the way sport fishing show this weekend in Birch Run March 3-5th

·
Registered
148 Posts
for a second there, i thought i had lost my tackle boxes and someone had found them and posted pics. had to go out and check my coat. but don't bother with any of those lures, because they are way too expensive, and not one of them works, ever.;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
for a second there, i thought i had lost my tackle boxes and someone had found them and posted pics. had to go out and check my coat. but don't bother with any of those lures, because they are way too expensive, and not one of them works, ever.;)
your probably right i will take that junk you have in your coat pocket! LOL:yikes:

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
So you guys aren't tipping these at all?

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Could've used one today...we got attacked by about 20 jumbos when we weren't expecting it. Got 6 up the hole in about 2 minutes and they moved on. Pretty hectic...almost got the heart going...pliers were flying, hooks were ripping, minnow heads dangling...

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
P.S. I was talking to my buddy about these jigs today and he said they used to use them and that they would bounce the perch off the ice and they'd pop off the hook....????

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
That is the beauty about using the hard beaded spoons uptracker. You actually only lift the fish out of the water with only the hook tip. therefore the spoon just falls out of their mouth after they hit the ice. The red hard bead is pushed tightly up against the barb. No barb penetration,no need to handle (unhook) the fish. I hate cold WET hands, especially if you catch a lot of dinks.

I don't know how much $$$$ i saved in 20 years not having to buy live bait.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.