Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
It's time to reflect on one awesome season.

This was my first year ever hunting waterfowl, and I won't soon forget it.

Here is a little video that I put together of just a few of our outings this season.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Sweet.love the mallard lying on top of the wood.awesome shot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
249 Posts
What a good looking time. That is a lucky goose lol

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a good looking time. That is a lucky goose lol
Yeah, that last title page is a bit misleading. You can't see it on video, but we actually watched that bird go down on the other side of the swamp. Recovered him as we headed back in.

Sure cost us a bit of money though! An expensive goose! Haha

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Very nice job on the video fellas. ;) Hope you guys were wearing ear plugs :yikes: seemed like you were shooting over top of each other?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice job on the video fellas. ;) Hope you guys were wearing ear plugs :yikes: seemed like you were shooting over top of each other?
The shot I took at the pair of mallards was after my buddy's gun misfired.

Come to find out, the wad actually ended up getting lodged in the barrel. He ended up having to do some field maintenance on his shotgun before he could start shooting again.

I initially had just planned on filming the birds as they buzzed by, but he was insistent on me taking the shot.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
A bad shell . . . were they reloads? My cousin reloaded some target shells. A wadding got stuck and his next shot split the barrel at the fore-stock and opened his hand up :yikes:. I told myself then . . . no shooting reloads for me but I suppose it can happen with factory but probably not as likely. Need to be really careful when that kinda stuff happens.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A bad shell . . . were they reloads? My cousin reloaded some target shells. A wadding got stuck and his next shot split the barrel at the fore-stock and opened his hand up :yikes:. I told myself then . . . no shooting reloads for me but I suppose it can happen with factory but probably not as likely. Need to be really careful when that kinda stuff happens.
Believe it or not it was a brand new box of Super-X.

He had that bird dead to rights too in the video. Haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts