Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m scheduled to leave for 2 weeks in Argentina in 6 months. A 2021 trip was bumped by Covid. With Canada re-opening I thought “Argentina should be a go...”

Or not.

I’ve gone from selfishly worrying about going fishing and backpacking to now hoping my fishing guide friends stay healthy and don’t suffer any losses in their families.

Terrible.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I’m scheduled to leave for 2 weeks in Argentina in 6 months. A 2021 trip was bumped by Covid. With Canada re-opening I thought “Argentina should be a go...”

Or not.

I’ve gone from selfishly worrying about going fishing and backpacking to now hoping my fishing guide friends stay healthy and don’t suffer any losses in their families.

Terrible.
Good luck. With all going on down there my boss still demanded I visit two weeks ago.
6 months from now will be their summer, my guess is the cases should go down and stabilize.

·
Premium Member
10,436 Posts
Wasn’t member JPS from Argentina? Wonder what he s doing nowadays

Reactions: TK81

·
Premium Member
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck. With all going on down there my boss still demanded I visit two weeks ago.
6 months from now will be their summer, my guess is the cases should go down and stabilize.
I was wondering about your trip to Medellin and Covid. Hopefully Argentina and the rest of the countries struggling get it under control.

The outfitter I book with, www.solidadventures.com has a camp in Greenland that was actually open last year but is closed this year yet neighboring Iceland is open.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I was wondering about your trip to Medellin and Covid. Hopefully Argentina and the rest of the countries struggling get it under control.

The outfitter I book with, www.solidadventures.com has a camp in Greenland that was actually open last year but is closed this year yet neighboring Iceland is open.
It went without a hitch. I didn't need a test to enter, but I did to leave.
Everyone wore masks, even outside. I followed every protocol out of respect for my colleagues.
Everything is open, there are no lockdowns.
I would hang loose with your plan, sounds like you are going to a remote place. Less people in and out of there.
If I were to predict, you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It went without a hitch. I didn't need a test to enter, but I did to leave.
Everyone wore masks, even outside. I followed every protocol out of respect for my colleagues.
Everything is open, there are no lockdowns.
I would hang loose with your plan, sounds like you are going to a remote place. Less people in and out of there.
If I were to predict, you should be fine.
Thank you. My wife and I are supposed to tango and eat well for 3 nights in Buenos Aires then go backpacking for a day to see Fitz Roy with a drive to/from El Chalten. Then I go do this for a week near Rio Gallegos:

Our hiking destination:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Thank you. My wife and I are supposed to tango and eat well for 3 nights in Buenos Aires then go backpacking for a day to see Fitz Roy with a drive to/from El Chalten. Then I go do this for a week near Rio Gallegos:

Our hiking destination:

View attachment 777923
If anything, you might want to minimize your time in B.A., even though just typing the words is sacrilegious...
On par with Italy for the title most beautiful women, if you like brunettes.

·
Premium Member
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If anything, you might want to minimize your time in B.A., even though just typing the words is sacrilegious...
On par with Italy for the title most beautiful women, if you like brunettes.
I passed through for a Rio Gallegos trip in 2019. We stayed at the Park Hyatt in Recoleta.

The female front desk clerks all looked like Penelope Cruz or Salma Hayek. Unfortunately we only had 4 hours when we weren’t sleeping.

·
Premium Member
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The river fishing looks Great!

Have you ever Lake Strobel? [Jurassic Lake]
No. Have you? Looks amazing. My connection to Las Buitreras used to have angling rights for Jurassic but list them in 2018 or ‘19. The reports are mind boggling.

·
Premium Member
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, a couple of years ago.

It was a little cold and windy.

Amazing fishing and Great food!

I fished out of the Jurassic Lake Lodge.

Super nice Owner, Guides and staff.
That’s obscene. Wow!

Did you get any 15 lbs fish!?!

·
Premium Member
7,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is 1 river, I think the Santa Cruz which gets Atlantic Ocean running steelhead but I’d rather fish Jurassic. Maybe someday! 🙏

·
Premium Member
16,901 Posts
My BIL married an Argentine and they go down there every couple years. We got an invite to go with them when covid settles down there. She has a place in Cordoba. I told her I want to go stag hunting and trout fishing. She said she has friends that do that.

·
Premium Member
16,901 Posts
Fish average 8 to 13 ish lbs.
On Halloween Day, I landed a 24 pounder!
Did you do the half week trips or full week? I was curious about the half week trip if it would be ample time or not. The half week trip interests me because i could slip away from the fam and take a run down there and hardly be noticed being gone.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Think I caught my big fish on Thursday, in a half a week I would have missed it!

Time goes so fast!................spend the extra and get a week.

I traveled with two others, one had been there twice before.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts