Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you using any hunting apps for this upcoming season?
Looking for a few good suggestions.

Looking for hunting times, maybe a journal type (so I can log what I am not gonna see) some weather data, and possibly a gps.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Onx hunt is great! I can pull up my saved points and saved maps on my work computer, ipad and phone. I like the "off grid" feature when I'm out of cell service I can still have access to my saved maps and points. It's easy to move from aerials, to topos to a hybrid of both. For a fee, you can get private/public boundary lines, land owner info and DMU info.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Third for OnX I hunt public and sometimes get off track to new areas it's nice to know I'm still on public land.

Reactions: TriggerDiscipline

·
Premium Member
12,814 Posts
I just wonder public land until I see a nice feeder or food plot with a box blind. You don't need an app for property lines, that's what they make no trespassing signs for. You see a sign turn around. Otherwise you're in the clear. I can't believe all the box blind and feed i find to hunt, for free!!!!

I mark those in my GPS then I go home and round up the Ol Lady and our yard full of kids. Throw the dog and a cooler of beer in the truck and we go check em out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you using any hunting apps for this upcoming season?
Looking for a few good suggestions.

Looking for hunting times, maybe a journal type (so I can log what I am not gonna see) some weather data, and possibly a gps.
I'm using the app called HuntWise. You can GPS where you stand is at, What kind of stand it is, and set up which wind direction are best for that stand. One the stand is set up, you can use the log to help keep track of what you have seen as well as to help predict when is the best time to hunt.

Another plus it is run by a company from Grand Rapids.

·
Registered
14 Posts
About 6th or 7th for ON X. The app is awesome esp for marking up areas with visual indicators of what's at the point. There are icons for just about all the common things you'd put a marker down for from scat to your truck. Wind data has been pretty accurate so far as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am using onXmaps app and this app is famous and is in the top trending because of its navigation. This is the only app that gives you access to view boundaries and has real-time in the wood

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
NOPE! I will stick with any Apps as I have for my last 40 Years. Hunting is an Escape from the Daily Stuff and TECH and Will Keep It That WAY! Do Not See The need when I get what I am out Hunting For...(No Smart Phone Here.)
Newaygo1

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Huntstand for me, love it. Used it to design my Habitat plan on our new retirement property. Also was nice to have while running and gunning turkeys on unfamiliar public ground this past season. The measuring, elevation, soil map, and water feature tools are a joy to use when deciding where to start a hunt before you even step foot on ground.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts