1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would comment for the new members..... :grouphug:

Mushy

· Registered
2,182 Posts
got the numbers mixed up,for a second thought you were talking about the lions!

· Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks JPollman for elaborating more on the post, my bad..... :bash:

Mushy

· Registered
9,108 Posts
so, is it just a standard channel 7 on any radio or do you have to have a special brand. maybe i'll go pick one up.... thanks for the clearification.

mike

· Premium Member
18,318 Posts
Yeah Mike,

If you get a radio without the extra option you can still pick everyone up that is using channel seven. Basically all the code does is act as a squelch. Then you don't have to listen to EVERYBODY on that channel. You can set your code to the same one that your group is using and it'll filter out a lot of the traffic that you don't really need or want to hear. I'm pretty sure that most of the FRS radios these days have this feature. It's not really an expensive option. But if you do find one without it, the radio will still pick up all of the traffic on Ch. 7.

Good luck and be safe out there !

John

· Registered
5,995 Posts
limige said:
so, is it just a standard channel 7 on any radio or do you have to have a special brand. maybe i'll go pick one up.... thanks for the clearification.

mike
Limige, they are fun to have out on the ice. I have been out off of Geno's and had 6 or 7 different MS members talking. It is a great way to hook up or get assistance if needed. If your going to get one. look for a package where you get two. The ear phone Mic is nice also. If you get two you can loan one to a friend or leave one in you car for a friend to pick up when he gets to the lake, also they are great for hunting. That is where we use the ear Mic. Place it under the hat and it hangs by the ear on the cord there is a Mic talk button. The radio stays in the pocket out of the elements and reduces movement while hunting. I have also used them on the det river fishing tournaments where you don't want to put info on the ship-to-shore. If you cant justify the cost Just buy a set and give it to the wife for X-mass :lol:

· Registered
9,108 Posts
lol, ok, i'll go check those out, anyone got any good places to get them? i figured i'd checkout radio shack circuit city maybe. possibly miejer.

thanks again,
mike

· Registered
1,922 Posts
Alot of places has them on sale now, try Target,sears, sports authority or dunhams. Should be able to get a real nice set with the charger unit for under $40.00. I have motorola 5 mile range units and they work really well. Al

· Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Al D., Where were you on Saturday????you must have ate too much for Breakfast....HaHa.....I bought mine at Costco, I have the 12 mile range ones, but they didnt come with the ear piece, and they want 20.00 bucks for just the ear pieces... I found they have the best price on the Motorola's. Mine have the NOAA weather band on it, and i also get the Canadian weather, buts thats all in Sissy French....

Mushy

· Registered
1,922 Posts
Hey Mushy, I took a ride to the cg station and tried to hail you on the radio. Did a scouting ride to fair haven had a couple of beers and lunch at the green st tavern then went xmas shopping and set up the xmas tree(wife has been on my back) . Hung around the house sun. Al

· Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Didnt miss anything but dinks....did manage to get some keepers...

Mushy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.