Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like the bottom bouncer/harness single handedly put the Erie Dearie out of commision around here.
I remember (pre Zebra muscle) The wt. forward spinner was "The" lure for Erie with the gold nugget coming in a close second. Anyone still catching fish with em?
As for cranks, Hot N Tots/Wiggle Warts were the only ones out. When I set one next to those monster reef runners now:SHOCKED:
Now we have spoons, for walleye?:16suspect Can't knock em till I try em, sounds like they are the latest and greatest.
I certainly know Erie has changed as did the fish habits, just interesting how the techniques have also.:)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Last year we drifted ¾ oz Erie Dearies and Carolina slip sinker weapons all summer. Very peaceful drifting with out any motor noise and holding the pole in your hand to feel the bite. Used about 4 dozen night crawler per 3-man limit. Limits all summer what a great year.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Warden, I agree 100%. Nothing like shuting down the motor in a nice chop, turning the radio to classic rock, tossing out a couple of crawlers, and having a pop while you drift. The best thing is feeling that TAP-TAP and setting the hook into a solid skillet full of walleyes fillets. Troll when you have to, drift when you can. Sorry Jethro, I got off subject for a minute. YES, all the "old stuff" still works, real well. Capnhook

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Capnhook said:
Nothing like shuting down the motor in a nice chop, turning the radio to classic rock, tossing out a couple of crawlers, and having a pop while you drift. The best thing is feeling that TAP-TAP and setting the hook into a solid skillet full of walleyes fillets. Troll when you have to, drift when you can. Sorry Jethro, I got off subject for a minute. YES, all the "old stuff" still works, real well. Capnhook

COULD NOT OF SAID IT BETTER !!

I always have the old stuff with me and yes the old stuff still catches fish , but with all fishing these days being done with kids , it so muchy easier to put out bottoms bouncers , sit and enjoy my adult pop and watch the kids fish .

Larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts