Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot of things that say you can use them anytime a firearm is legal. But I've also read that they aren't legal at all. Can someone who knows the laws better please explain?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts
Airbows are legal to own , but you can not hunt with them.............they sell arrows that will shoot in the Ben. Bulldog

·
Registered
967 Posts
Is there any update to this? I thought the bill was reintroduced?
There is literally no reason they should be completely banned for hunting. Wasn’t a big surprise coming from our wonderful governor the first time around I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
31,967 Posts
Is there any update to this? I thought the bill was reintroduced?
There is literally no reason they should be completely banned for hunting. Wasn’t a big surprise coming from our wonderful governor the first time around I guess.

Sometimes when a new hunting tool becomes available, it takes awhile before it is legal to use for hunting. Look how long it took for crossbows.

Reactions: sureshot006

·
Registered
967 Posts
Sometimes when a new hunting tool becomes available, it takes awhile before it is legal to use for hunting. Look how long it took for crossbows.
Maybe but I don’t recall xbows ever being completely illegal. The majority spoke and a one woman show imposed her opinion and authority on it. Which again comes as no surprise.

·
Premium Member
31,967 Posts
Maybe but I don’t recall xbows ever being completely illegal. The majority spoke and a one woman show imposed her opinion and authority on it. Which again comes as no surprise.

Crossbows became legal for most hunters, with some restrictions, in 2009. Before that, they were legal in Upper Pennisula (Zone One) and for disabled hunters with proof, but not sure the year that became legal.
The Michigan Bow Hunters Association supported the use of crossbows for disabled individuals but was against a general cross bow season.

Crossbow laws expanded in Michigan Shooting ranges offer education, practice

·
Registered
967 Posts
Crossbows became legal for most hunters, with some restrictions, in 2009. Before that, they were legal in Upper Pennisula (Zone One) and for disabled hunters with proof, but not sure the year that became legal.
The Michigan Bow Hunters Association supported the use of crossbows for disabled individuals but was against a general cross bow season.

Crossbow laws expanded in Michigan Shooting ranges offer education, practice

Ok I thought they were always legal in firearm season.

·
Premium Member
31,967 Posts
Ok I thought they were always legal in firearm season.

The bow hunters group were initially against cross bows, just like traditional bow hunters were against compound bows, like traditional sidelock muzzleloader hunters were against inline muzzleloaders, like black powder shooters were against black powder substitutes, etc., etc., etc.

Reactions: trucker3573
1 - 11 of 11 Posts