Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've been making these hooks to help with habitat and timber stand improvement so thought I'd have a post here to see who else might be interested. I created a FB page (link in my signature) that shows them in more detail. I think they work real good for the purpose and take a lot less effort to improve your habitat. The laser cut teeth do a good job gripping the bark of the tree and the added length (about 12') really gives you some great leverage which requires a much shallower cut in the tree for the hinge. If you're interested send me a PM or message through Facebook.
Note: The current version of hooks do not have the second short hook further down from the first.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Looks good Nation!

If I have any money in my pockets when I see you next I'll take one.

·
Premium Member
14,357 Posts
They look nice and at a good price, way to keep the cost down. I made a few similar but with my design I could not get the cost down.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
25 Posts
RMH - I've seen the one Jake has and wanted one myself. What is the cost? Would you still be willing to make?

If not, not a huge deal. I like the one that Nation made though and the price is good.

·
Premium Member
14,357 Posts
RMH - I've seen the one Jake has and wanted one myself. What is the cost? Would you still be willing to make?

If not, not a huge deal. I like the one that Nation made though and the price is good.
fast1967
So far I have only made four, two last winter and two the winter before. Maybe in the future I will figure out a way to make a nice batch of them. If I ever do make them you would be more than welcome to one. As for cost, it depends what avenue I would use to build a bunch of them.

·
Premium Member
30,833 Posts
These work great for guiding your firewood trees down to avoid damaging surrounding trees. :cool:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These work great for guiding your firewood trees down to avoid damaging surrounding trees. :cool:
Lol...^^
Trying to keep costs down is the hardest part. I wanted to use aluminum but its significantly more for the material. Ive been looking at the option of making one of aluminum but it wouldnt have the extendable handle. Cost would still probably be a little more than the current steel one. Weight of steel one is about 7lbs. Aluminum nonextended would probably be around 3.5-4lbs.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im going to try to make it down. Im certainly not far from there. I plan to have a few made up to bring down if I do make it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I got one of these hooks from Nation. Great quality at a cheap price. Works awesome for guiding my firewood trees ..:) I have also had an aluminum one, which doesn't compare to this one.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All,
I plan to be at the habitat day this Sat. Aug. 4th and will be bringing down a few arborist hooks for anyone that may want one. The ones that extend to 12 1/2' are $60 and I'll also have a few without the extension for $45. Everything else will be the same between the 2. The non-extendable version is a bit lighter in weight. There was a couple guys that felt that version would better suit them so thought others might as well. If you are interested in one send me a PM. Excited for this Saturday and hope to meet a lot of new people.
,Nick

·
Premium Member
30,833 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Appreciate it deertrainer! Tis the season.

I've been getting more and more requests and the list is growing. Plan to be making another batch of them soon for anyone else that's interested. I make them on the side of my full time job and family so sometimes takes a little bit before I can get them made up. Most I've been making lately don't have the second hook on the pole for tie downs as many seem to prefer it without. The hooks certainly sell themselves.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Appreciate it deertrainer! Tis the season.

I've been getting more and more requests and the list is growing. Plan to be making another batch of them soon for anyone else that's interested. I make them on the side of my full time job and family so sometimes takes a little bit before I can get them made up. Most I've been making lately don't have the second hook on the pole for tie downs as many seem to prefer it without. The hooks certainly sell themselves.
Need contact info.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts