Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are heading up to Arcadia and I have a few questions about the area for fishing. I am new to the area and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
A. Is there a public boat launch for Arcadia Lake
B. I see a lot of articles on Crystal lake but what is the boat/jet ski traffic like on that lake
C. If you were to rate the lakes in Benzie for fishing which are tops?
D. Best bet target species for this time of year; rigs, jigs/lures, live bait?
Thanks in advance to all.

·
Premium Member
9,998 Posts
Beautiful lakes up there in Benzie one morning bass fishing caught a 4# small mouth as a pair of otters were fishing also... the lake was dead calm and i was the only one out there .I will never forget that morning the rest of my life it was so peaceful .

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've caught a lot of Walleye on Big Platte. Just out from the boat launch to the right in 25 to 30 feet of water. Between the boat launch and the point to be more precise. Harnesses with bottom bouncers or inline weights always seem to do the trick.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I went to Crystal Lake yesterday. The lake reminds of the Gulf Stream when the color changes to deep blue because of the depth. AWESOME. I fished the drop offs with a Red minnow Storm lure and it was a Rock Bass day. The DNR launch there is magnificent, 4 nice ramps, plenty of room to maneuver your trailer, and super floating docks (Trex) with steel pylons and nice tie downs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts