Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with either of these units? Looking to get a smaller camera that is portable.
I currently have an Aqua vu 715c that I like ounce it gets set up but it isn't very portable.
Looking to use it mainly for ice fishing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have an aquavu micro 5 recording on it. I've had it for probably 6-7 years. It's nice but the camera is vertical so when you put it in the water it's always looking directly down the hole. I found that i really like to use it with the clip to make it go horizontal so i can basically rest it on the bottom slightly angled up so i can watch my jig and watch the fish take it. I would give it credit for some of the fish I've caught because some of the times the bite is so lite that your wire bobber doesn't move but when you see them take the bait then you set the hook. The downside of the aquavu is that i really like having the camera horizontal so i always used those clips to make it go horizontal and it shorted out the camera. I bought the newer clip thing from aquavu to make the camera go horizontal and it's a pain in the butt to fit the wiring in the new clip. When i bought the new and not improved clip i also bought a camera to replace the one that shorted out. I like having a camera and would like to get another one but i just picked up a vexilar flx28 so I will have to wait a little bit to get a new camera. But when i do get a new camera i am going to get one were the camera will look horizontal instead of vertical.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I'm really looking at the aqua vu micro 5 pro. I like the idea of having depth, temp and direction of camera on the screen.

I'm a little jealous of your flx28 :) that sounds like fun.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
20191007_200650.jpg
Thanks for the feedback.
I got the Aqua Vu micro revolution 5.0 pro. So far I really like it ( i haven't actually had it in the water yet). I also got a flexible arm from Marcum that i can use to mount the camera to the carrier I put my humminbird in for ice fishing. I'm excited to get it out ice fishing this year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone have any experience with either of these units? Looking to get a smaller camera that is portable.
I currently have an Aqua vu 715c that I like ounce it gets set up but it isn't very portable.
Looking to use it mainly for ice fishing.
I bought a cheap chineese made product off amazon for a third the price and it works ridiculously well. My third season and I use on walleye crappie perch ice and not.

Heres a video from crappie.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I bought a cheap chineese made product off amazon for a third the price and it works ridiculously well. My third season and I use on walleye crappie perch ice and not.

what is the brand of your camera? I have been thinking of buying one of these . do you have the 7 in.screen and recorder ? thank u

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Looks pretty slick, I like it. I've always wondered how those work but never knew anyone who actually had experience with one. Thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 10 Posts