Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Would you support Antler Point Restrictions if Youth Hunters were given the abilit

• Yes

Votes: 169 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 110 39.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I get so tired of reading about people whining about the youth killing all there big bucks.

I hate to tell ya it aint happening I hunted the youth hunt this year and i can tell i heard 2 shots and both came from my kids taking does

If you think this is some trophy hunt that is not the case. sure a few kids kill a dandy but 99% of those kids are hunting private land that they would kill a big one regardless of season due to quality of land

99% of kids are not waitin for a trophy there gonna shot the first deer they see

Those of us that are old enough could shoot 4 bucks when we were kids sure had to wait till season started . I gurantee there were less and much smaller bucks back then because if it had horns it was dead period no matter what part of the state it was.

Get over it there just deer and if this is what it takes to keep kids interested so be it.

I would guess most that dont like this havent had kids of there own and im sure when they do there perspective will change.

The facts are there are not enough youth hunters to make a difference in the herd less than 1% of the deer are taken during the youth hunt;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.