Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Would you support Antler Point Restrictions if Youth Hunters were given the abilit

• Yes

Votes: 169 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 110 39.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
19,600 Posts
Currently, youth are exempted from APR's during the youth season but have to honor them during the regular seasons. Youth also can purchase an over-the-counter antlerless permit, even in DMU's where antlerless permits are done by lottery. This seems to me like a reasonable compromise, let youth shoot any sized buck during the youth season and guarantee them the opportunity to harvest a doe with a firearm if they want to. I would be open to tweaking the definition of "youth" slightly, like maybe just 14 and under but that fodder for another discussion.

·
Banned
19,600 Posts
Not my idea Bob, it's currently the status quo. Not sure if the work group will address the youth issue, it's not one of the current discussion topics but might get addressed later.

·
Banned
19,600 Posts
Munster,

Correct me if I wrong, as I know you will:lol:. But, the last I heard, youths were subject to the same APR's as everyone else during both seasons. I thought the confusion about the youth hunt and restrictions was straightened out, and the DNR stated that the 2010 guide was misprinted. That is what the last newspaper article(Enterprise had stated).
You may be right, I don't read the Enterprise very often. I do know that per the 2010 guide it stated that APR's did not apply during the youth season. I know that exemption was specifically put into place due to the imposition of APR's in the TB area but it did not qualify it to just that area. I''ll check with Mason or Rudolph next time I talk to them and get some clarification.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.