Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

9. In order to institute a changes of this nature do you think the DNRE should conti

• 66%

Votes: 113 36.9%
  • 60%

Votes: 47 15.4%
  • 51%

Votes: 146 47.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
A simple majority might be one thing if 100% of the hunters who would be affected by the regulation change had the opportunity to vote. That is not the case with APR initiatives, only a small sample of hunters get the opportunity to vote. The 66% is designed to placate those who may be opposed to the changes but who are not included in the survey. You might not like the change but if 2/3rds of those polled voted for it, it's probable that a majority of all hunters would support it. It might be hard to say the same thing if the regulation is changed with only 51% of the sample supporting it. I see the super majority as a reasonable safeguard designed to make sure that the decision is truly reflective of a majority of public sentiment, even those who don't get to participate in the sample.
^ Quoted so I don't have to retype the same thing myself. 66% makes sense. 51% would be a joke and something in the middle is also unnecessary IMO. I'd rather things not be changed as easily than things being changed quite often.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.