Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,934 Posts
Might be time to start a saddle hunting sub forum? It would be cool to have a sticky pinned of everyone's location so new saddle hunters could find someone close by to give them the run down.

With that being said - I'm in Plainwell and have a Predator & Medium Mantis if anyone wants to see what it's about.
It's a really good idea. People will just go elsewhere to get saddle info if we don't have one here.

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
Eaton County (Vermontville) here.
Been saddle hunting for 6-7 years now, currently hanging from a Kestral and using 4 MUDDY pro sticks with one aider (first stick) and Metal Works mini platform on the top stick. All packs neatly on an inexpensive Alps pack I bought off Camofire.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ann Arbor/Dexter area here. I have been saddle hunting for around 15 years. Started with a modified sit drag, then went to a Guido's Web, TrophyLine, Mantis and now I have a Phantom. I have a Predator and a Solo Scout platform I use a combo of sticks, SRT, one stick and recently have been trying an aider with the solo scout. It is a great time to be a saddle hunter with so many options on the market today. Happy to meet up anytime to try gear or swap ideas.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
I live in Grayling. New to saddle hunting, but I went full bore into it. I have a tethrd phantom, a Cruzr xc. A ridge runner platform, a scout platform that attaches to my stick for a minamalist approach. I got into saddle hunting to explore different climbing options other than 4 sticks. I have a shikar stick that I am now using for climbing a tree with just one stick. I also climb trees with a rope and mechanical ascender. I also joined the Michigan saddle hunters and saddle hunter nation. If anyone is interested in the different climbing methods or to see the 2 saddles I have feel free to contact me.
How do you like the Cruzr XC? It definitely peaked my interest.

·
Premium Member
15,934 Posts
It blows the phantom away and that is a nice saddle. The comfort options on xc saddle is sweet. Without the pleat open it's extremely comfortable. I like the leg buckles instead of tethrd s hook and loop system. I wish I would have heard more about the Cruzr before I bought the tethrd.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It blows the phantom away and that is a nice saddle. The comfort options on xc saddle is sweet. Without the pleat open it's extremely comfortable. I like the leg buckles instead of tethrd s hook and loop system. I wish I would have heard more about the Cruzr before I bought the tethrd.
I saw someone post about them in mi saddle hunters Facebook group. I didn’t find much other info on it so I bought the phantom. Seems comfortable but I haven’t spent more than an hour in it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Another saddle has entered the ring. A Michigan company to boot. Latitude Outdoors is releasing their Method Saddle tomorrow. Interesting design. The buckleless option peaks my interest.

·
Premium Member
15,934 Posts
Another saddle has entered the ring. A Michigan company to boot. Latitude Outdoors is releasing their Method Saddle tomorrow. Interesting design. The buckleless option peaks my interest.

Definitely interesting design.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey All, my name is Kevin and I'm one of the 3 founders of Latitude Outdoors, I've been a forum member for a long time, probably over 15 years at this point, but just haven't been able to contribute to the community much lately due to lack of time. As you can see we've been busy and excited to share what we've put together. I'm based out of Grand Rapids where I was also born and raised. My two partners are on the east side so if anyone want to come try/see a saddle next month feel free to reach out because we can cover most of the state pretty easily. Since I'm not on here as much as I used to be, shoot us a quick email on the "Contact Us" page of our site and we'll get back to you likely within a day. A support phone number will be coming online soon once we get that person onboarded to help with questions. You can find us here --> https://www.latitudeoutdoors.com/.... (FYI the short video on the home page is kind of loud)

Thank you all for for the support, any dollars you spend with us are going to our Michigan based manufacturer. They have been just as financially affected by COVID as everyone else, so you're supporting the local community not over seas. Take care!

·
Registered
587 Posts
That’s the spirit gentleman! I’m in Davison but I should get more experience before giving any pointers. I have the phantom saddle and the predator platform. Just haven’t had time to climb a tree yet. I live in a subdivision built on top of a corn field so nothing much over 10’ tall
Congrats I knew it wouldn’t take you long to order it after We met up you won’t be disappointed

I ordered a phantom the other day itching to get some hang time in it but my son has his eye on my mantis already lol

You will really like the stealth strips uncle Lou is a good guy I am lucky to be able to hunt and fish with him quite often and mi based as well

I installed the buckle silencers and strips on my helium’s best money I have spent in a while

·
Premium Member
15,934 Posts
Hey All, my name is Kevin and I'm one of the 3 founders of Latitude Outdoors, I've been a forum member for a long time, probably over 15 years at this point, but just haven't been able to contribute to the community much lately due to lack of time. As you can see we've been busy and excited to share what we've put together. I'm based out of Grand Rapids where I was also born and raised. My two partners are on the east side so if anyone want to come try/see a saddle next month feel free to reach out because we can cover most of the state pretty easily. Since I'm not on here as much as I used to be, shoot us a quick email on the "Contact Us" page of our site and we'll get back to you likely within a day. A support phone number will be coming online soon once we get that person onboarded to help with questions. You can find us here --> https://www.latitudeoutdoors.com/.... (FYI the short video on the home page is kind of loud)

Thank you all for for the support, any dollars you spend with us are going to our Michigan based manufacturer. They have been just as financially affected by COVID as everyone else, so you're supporting the local community not over seas. Take care!
Awesome, good luck In your venture. I wouldn't mind checking you're saddle out sometime.

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
Might be time to start a saddle hunting sub forum? It would be cool to have a sticky pinned of everyone's location so new saddle hunters could find someone close by to give them the run down.

With that being said - I'm in Plainwell and have a Predator & Medium Mantis if anyone wants to see what it's about.
Hey. I'm in plainwell also amd would love to give one a try.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yesterday I got the sys hauler and the tree strap to hang stuff from. Tonight I’m going to back pack out and climb a tree on public land. The plan is to glass for the last part of the day and just get more comfortable in the saddle. 2020 is going to be a fun year!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hey. I'm in plainwell also amd would love to give one a try.
I'm out of town for work currently but will be home at the end of the week. I'm available most evenings. Shoot me a PM when you're available. I have a few decent trees in my yard or can come to you.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
5DB07272-99F5-4BA9-BBB5-03C782868CEF.jpeg
714B0045-CD7D-408A-B862-1D1E027EACD4.jpeg
D381D4E9-5259-4609-A724-8E940C71F7B6.jpeg
Doh! At least it was the second stick not the fourth! Just hanging out today. The biggest challenge is going to be being still. Very easy to sway in this set up. Next time I’ll remember a rope to pull my Xbow up with

21 - 40 of 46 Posts