Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking forward to going to a show and trying the tethrd phantom but then everything got canceled. Does anyone know of a place to try them (or any saddle)? I live in the flint area and would like to just try one before I spend all of the start up money.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
I was looking forward to going to a show and trying the tethrd phantom but then everything got canceled. Does anyone know of a place to try them (or any saddle)? I live in the flint area and would like to just try one before I spend all of the start up money.
Your best bet is to ask around on saddlehunter.com or facebook saddle hunter pages and ask if anyone is near you that would be willing to let you try one out. I’ve responded to a few guys asking in my area for a test drive and it worked out for them to drive over and give them a shot. If you’re ever on the west side, you’re welcome to try mine.

There is a michigan saddlehunter page that might help.

Good luck!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your best bet is to ask around on saddlehunter.com or facebook saddle hunter pages and ask if anyone is near you that would be willing to let you try one out. I’ve responded to a few guys asking in my area for a test drive and it worked out for them to drive over and give them a shot. If you’re ever on the west side, you’re welcome to try mine.

There is a michigan saddlehunter page that might help.

Good luck!
Thank you I appreciate it. I’ve snooped around on saddlehunter a few times. I need to just create an account.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have Facebook, try snooping around the michigan saddlehunter page. Saddlehunter is great, but not specific to MI.
I joined that group and checked it out today. Very cool. I also got a pm from a member here that lives close. It sounds like I’ll be able to check one out very soon. I sure appreciate it guys. Thank you.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Might be time to start a saddle hunting sub forum? It would be cool to have a sticky pinned of everyone's location so new saddle hunters could find someone close by to give them the run down.

With that being said - I'm in Plainwell and have a Predator & Medium Mantis if anyone wants to see what it's about.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That’s the spirit gentleman! I’m in Davison but I should get more experience before giving any pointers. I have the phantom saddle and the predator platform. Just haven’t had time to climb a tree yet. I live in a subdivision built on top of a corn field so nothing much over 10’ tall

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not at rookie, not a expert, somewhere in between, live in Montrose for the time being. Either using heavily modified lone wolf sticks or wild edge steps with a aider. Platform is a ridge runner or Cranford foldable steps on a strap. I've had the tethrd mantis and phantom, sold em and now using a custom tx5 saddle. Probably will end up getting a different platform and saddle later on to have options.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No expert as this is only my second year in the saddle but I have a trophy line and the ridge runner platform running full length helium’s with an aider. I’m in Greenville and would be more than willing to let someone check out my set up

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I set up 4 members from my hunting camp in my saddle yesterday. My cousin was grinning ear to ear when he said “I could shoot 360 degrees from here”. I still need to figure out what I’ll use to strap my sticks to my saddle as I climb.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
I set up 4 members from my hunting camp in my saddle yesterday. My cousin was grinning ear to ear when he said “I could shoot 360 degrees from here”. I still need to figure out what I’ll use to strap my sticks to my saddle as I climb.
I use nite ize gear ties. They work pretty good.

·
Premium Member
15,942 Posts
I live in Grayling. New to saddle hunting, but I went full bore into it. I have a tethrd phantom, a Cruzr xc. A ridge runner platform, a scout platform that attaches to my stick for a minamalist approach. I got into saddle hunting to explore different climbing options other than 4 sticks. I have a shikar stick that I am now using for climbing a tree with just one stick. I also climb trees with a rope and mechanical ascender. I also joined the Michigan saddle hunters and saddle hunter nation. If anyone is interested in the different climbing methods or to see the 2 saddles I have feel free to contact me.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts