Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out of town, looking to head back out. Just wondering if there is anything happening in that stretch of the river still

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I was gone for the weekend too but they were getting limits on spoons at the end of last week. I went out after dark with my daughter and her freinds on Thurs, I boated 4 they screamed alot, using Raps.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
went out friday night with 2 boys(rookies) and we boated our limits. took more time thats all...Yesterday during the day was slow for the silverbass, but there are wally's still there out front of Mudd and Grassy islands...going tonight and will find out more..

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
andy capp said:
Was out of town, looking to head back out. Just wondering if there is anything happening in that stretch of the river still
I have heard its still good there andy hows things been going with u..lower river is bout the same too,takes a while now To Gituredone....Looks like I'll be going to the lake now...good luck out there Mark

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not fished the lower in 2 weeks, I have been on the lake. I was just seeing if anything is going so I can save some gas.

I am going out one day this weekend and fishing late. I may not even head out till dark.

·
Registered
56 Posts
First time out on the Detroit River. Ever. I went out and fished near the stacks on Friday and did the whole stretch between Wyandotte and Gibralter on Sunday. Caught a ton of silver bass. Not one Walleye though.

How are you fishing spoons? Are you drifting or trolling? I was using Jigs with either a minnow or a curly tail.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I got two between 6pm and 9pm last night. 1 jigging on a purple jig wyandotte worm that Hotwired gave me (It worked great), which I then lost to a big pike or muskie, second on a stinger spooon handlining. Pulled in too many silvers to count, and moved 3 times before getting the eyes. Both came within a 50' circle of each other.

Andy, the silvers weren't giving much relief on the handline yesterday evening, too. I even pulled a double in 40+ FOW off Fighting Island last night.

Friday, I handlined the head of Grassy where I've been killing them, and never even had a bump.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I know one thing. I will be out after dark this weekend. but this week I will try something. somewhere.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
andy capp said:
Well I know one thing. I will be out after dark this weekend. but this week I will try something. somewhere.
Hi andy the fish seem to move from one day to the nexted or should i say one eve to the nexted in trenton..There is just but a few boats The cat and above the shack were good friday and sat it was below the stacks in 8 fow,,,wont be around this week end maybe out thursday night not sure tho..Good luck out there Mark

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Wyondotte-Satuday AM 7 AM -12 managed 7 between 3 of us. Many silver in between but still fun.
I'm spoiled and will hit Erie from now on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts