Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about going to a saddle next year and would like to try one out.
Want to determine, which is more comfortable for me. Just would like to try them out before purchasing.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I have a Phantom but i'm in St. Clair County if you want to make a trip out this way. If you get on saddlehunter.com I believe some members were trying to organize a Michigan meet up on the west side.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Ed, d rek is not too far from me and a friend as well, I still need to fix your d-loop so you could combine the trips!?? I need to see the new digs!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My BIL used to live in East China. a little over an hours drive. I'll schedule a time. Probably in Feb as i plan to get out and hunt at once this month. Just need to wrap up some items on my TODO list that got ignored for 3 months.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm in Macomb, I don't have a mantis or phantom, but I do have an Aerohunter Merlin. If you're thinking about getting into the saddle game, definitely check out Saddlehunter.com as mentioned above.

There are a bunch of saddles, and some that are consistently recommended as more comfortable than the Tethrd saddles for a cheaper price point. Heck, Hawk released one with a whole kit for less than the Tethrd saddles I believe.

Also, your size will play a part. The Tethrd ones tend to be for smaller guys from everything I've read over on Saddlehunter. Thats the reason I went with the Merlin, they made one that is bigger and could account for myself and my thick winter clothes. Again, the saddle hunter forums have tons of information on all of the different saddles out there, and lots of those guys try every saddle they can.

I'm thinking about heading out to Bald Mountain this weekend with my bow to take advantage of the extended archery season, I still have one tag left to fill. If you're interested, let me know and we could meet up

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This weekend is booked(Sat and Sun morn). Thanks for the offer. I'm going to research the Hawk too. PM me if you will be out there Sun afternoon or what time you are coming out on Sun and what parking lot and maybe i can make it out there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm probably heading out there on Monday now. Got the day off!
Other saddles to consider:
- JX5
- Cruzr
- Trophyline
- Latittude Method
- Recon
- Tactisaddle

Like I said, there's more than ever to choose from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts