Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think next week the guy from Michigan gets a hog with a makeshift spear. Then the vegitarian girl freaks out when he's guting it. I just wondered what you guys would do if you only had rice in the "outback"?

------------------
"In the wind he's still alive"

·
Banned
694 Posts
Last week, he was making a spear, and his team was angry because they thought that he might lose the camp knife. They talked about their doubts that he could even get a boar.
Next week, they get all wierd about the blood, and make him out to be some kind of a psyco, but how many do you think will pass up on the pork?

·
Registered
309 Posts
This show should allow hunting after all it is part of surviving. Hunting should be second on the list after finding or making shelter.
I wouldn't vote off the hunter that puts the food on the barbie. Man that sure sounds good, it's been awhile since I ate wild boar..lol

[This message has been edited by StrutnSpur (edited 02-10-2001).]

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
One problem with one of us being on the show.... the others would see us as a threat seeing as we could survive on very little. In the end, we would get dumped, thats why Kal the army guy got booted. Too much competition. Ah well, cool show just the same.

------------------
ONE shot, ONE kill..No excuses, no exceptions EVER!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I like rice and all but, its just not a meal without the meat! I thought that is what the show is about SURVIVAL.

------------------
HUNTING IS NOT JUST A PASTIME, iTS THE BEST TIME!BE SMART,BE SAFE & DONT DRINK & HUNT!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Guy's,
Has anyone else noticed that the city idiots on the show have all that rope and not a single one made a snare or trotline?
Not a single one has tried to catch guana's or other small reptiles?
Heck a pit trap is best for critters that walk a path,and you don't have to risk getting gored in the process.Kangaroos and wallaby's everywhere!Yet these morons sit and whine and eat rice...
I really think the selection is rigged so that anyone with any survival G2 is eliminated,and only the best looking morons of 4 different age groups are selected.
They are spending a lot of time on the bossy chick from Kalifornia with the camera...I wonder.
10 bucks says the Chef from yuppiefield hills gets nailed next,as the guy is useless,Followed by the pig sticker,who will be seen as a freak by the losers on his team who aren't hungry enough yet,to overcome their guilt of eating something with a face.
I say that the next one takes place in the UP in January,and each team gets a 30/30 and 10 rounds,a knife,and a big canvass tarp....
THAT would be entertaining!
Pat

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've read some articles about these survivor shows. It's not about survival of the elements. It's about surviving the BS that occurs among people. It should be called DEPRIVER, because it's just a game show where people are deprived of their normal luxuries. The antics I've read about that go on off-camera between the contestants and the film crew makes me think it's not a survival situation at all. On last year's episode, they were all given yellow rain slickers after they complained about getting wet.

If it was really a survival situation, they wouldn't even think about voting off the guy best able to "make meat". If they send the hunter home, that should tell you something about the validity of the situation.

I never miss an episode. It beats the other stuff on the idiot box.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
You take the rope, lash up a BBQ spit, and slowly roast that pig, roo, (hunk of meat) over a hot fire for a few hours. The smell will drive them all crazy.

It has been over a week without a decent meal. If they don't all jump on the pig roast, the show is a fake!

How much you wanna bet they beg the cameraman for some BBQ souce and cole slaw!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Pat, I would love to see the show take place in somewhere like the UP or the Yukon. Then it would be about survivng, not about skin and the political BS!!!! I would live to be out in a sutuation where my skills to survive are tested!! The chefs time is limited, he has nothing to offer that no one else can do. Sure a god tasting meal is great but did you see all of the meat that he wasted?

------------------
ONE shot, ONE kill..No excuses, no exceptions EVER!!

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pat... I love it.. you called it just as I would, a bunch of sissy-fied city yuppy wusses crying about being out doors. Good call my freind.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I watch the show too! The problem is that some sources say the show is rigged, and others say it is on the level. Still, I will hang in there. I agree that it is better than most of the Bull that is on TV!

------------------
Cliff Cushard
Cushard's Kennel

·
Registered
57 Posts
I recall hearing on the radio while traveling thru Cadillac/Mt. Pleasant, or maybe Grayling/Gaylord/Alpena in the past couple weeks, about a guy doing a "Michigan Survivor" spot on the air. Anyone hear about that??

m

·
Registered
66 Posts
its a big joke they should seperate everyone and instead of getting voted out. they should see who could realy last have place where they can go back and quit. I belive there only out there for 41 days sounds like a vacation to me out in australia.......
getting to hunt wild boar hmmmmmm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts