Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really like this show and have it programmed on my DVR. Definitely a lot better show than most shows imo. I really like how he really gets into processing and cooking the game. Especially when he does it right on site cooking it right on a campfire and cutting it up on a log.

·
Premium Member
8,643 Posts
I like that show, a couple weeks ago him and his buddy shot a coyote, burned the fur off over an open fire and roasted it on a spit...They said it wasnt to bad but wouldnt want to eat it on a regular basis...:lol:

No thanks

·
Registered
521 Posts
I really like this show. I like how he is respectful of the animals and shows beyond the kill. He is a great ambassador for the sport. I think he would come across very well to non-hunters. Can't say the same for alot of the other outdoor personalities.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On Sportsman's channel but can't remember the times cause I just set it on my DVR, I know it's on 3 times a week though.
Steve seems legitimately like a person I would enjoy hunting with (and eating with). I like his fair chase rugged country die-hard hunting style and his respect of the game he hunts.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
39 Posts
He's got a book out that I read. Thought it was pretty good. You might find it interesting. Lots of references to his time growing up in Michigan

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
What's the name of the book? Meat Eater?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
39 Posts
Meat Eater: Adventures From the Life of an American hunter

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
536 Posts
You don't hunt with him, he hunts with you. I know a guy who owned like 400+ acres in Hillsdale and he came and hunted with him and took a nice 8pt out there with his Mi Tag. He just contacted him thru Facebook and they got to talking and he came out a year later for a weekend. He is legit and loves to hunt,trap,and fish.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My favorite show and my favorite outdoorsmen. Think he is a great ambassador for the hunting/fishing/trapper lifestyle. He has some kickass recipes on his website too. My gf even enjoys watching the show with me.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Crazed Country Rebel
2,386 Posts
Love the show; it's also one of the few hunting shows my wife will watch with me. I believe the cooking/recipes has a lot to do with that

He's very articulate in dealing with anti hunters - there's a good example included here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23c4N-xE6VM"]Steven Rinella from "Meat Eater" on His Debate With a Vegan - YouTube[/ame]

I try to watch it every Sunday at 9pm, but here's the schedule and more info:

http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/programming/descriptions/description.php?ID=466

Also the MeatEater website is pretty cool:

http://themeateater.com/

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Just saw on the meat eater site that the next episode Steve will be hunting with Hank Shaw. Hank has a hunting blog/recipe site with some really great game recipes. You can find it at www.honest-food.net. should be a great meat eater episode!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I do enjoy his show. It is one of the few I DVR. Thanks for the find on the honest-food web site. Sent it to my wife. Hint, hint.

Paul C.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts