Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the Flushing Chamber of commerce is having a harvest festival, and there is a rib cook-off during the event.
. I will get the link or entry form and post the info. I will be there, would be great to see some of the other rib cookers from here go too! It is open to wood, charcoal and propane.

Do ya have what it takes?;)

$ 25 bucks you have to bring 3 racks to cook and supply 10 bones worth for the judges, the rest is a grub fest! Great way to taste alot of other folks ribs and sauces.;)

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, since Bobby Flay didn't post, I'll add the info if I can. Don't be shy now kids, Its alot of fun, and if ya don't have any BBQ skills there is still hope. They have a scarecrow contest that I know alot of guys from here can probably place in!:D

http://www.flushingchamber.com/annualevents_harvestfestival.html

If anyone from here is gonna go, let me know, I'll look for ya. I'll be the short fat guy with suspenders with all the girls around me checkin out my ........uh.ribs!;)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
We'll join up and call ourselves "Smokn' Captn's"! I am serious about getting a Lang now. I told Lisa that last night, and she said, "I knew it! I was just waiting for you to tell me that!" She wants me to get one too. I told you, that tiny girl puts away the smoked meat!

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
I could be persuaded to bring the deep fried prime rib with cranberry horseradish to the show down.:) I would like to get in on the rib showdown too of course.

Sounds like a lotta fun guys, why not have our own also at another date. ?

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We'll join up and call ourselves "Smokn' Captn's"! I am serious about getting a Lang now. I told Lisa that last night, and she said, "I knew it! I was just waiting for you to tell me that!" She wants me to get one too. I told you, that tiny girl puts away the smoked meat!
Well, I take it you have been to the website then. Make a phone call and ask to talk with Ben Lang about your options and time for production. He usually likes to ship them along with other orders to the area. I would imagine the time delay would be 4-6 weeks. Everyone who has bought one, loves them. Start cuttin wood right now, it takes 6-10 months to season depending on the size of the splits.
One like mine is gonna run ya close to 4 grand by the time ya get it to your door!

Glad to see I had something to do with this evil addiction. use that gasser for fish and jerky, everything else over wood my brutha!;)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Are there separate categories for dry rub vs. sauced ribs, or is it just one category of ribs any style??

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Thats this weekend.... Bummer!!!! The wife is doing a craft show in South Lyon this weekend....... You guys will be cooking and eating good, and I'll be stuck at "The Pumpkinfest".....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh well, have fun and take tons of pics!!!!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Wow - that would be so much fun but it is the opening weekend of Bow Season. Maybe next year because I need to be more prepared with a canopy and all that.

Good luck to you all

Bob Urban

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was hoping some folks from here might come and compete.I'll probably get my *** handed to me by someone with a propane grill. They are allowing them. I know there will be folks there who probably "BOIL" their ribs first too, and judges that are not sanctioned or educated on what to look for. But I will be fun and the weather is supposed to be nice and typical for lat Sept.

So if you in the area around 2-4 pm, stop by the cook area and say hello.
I will be pretty busy at 2:30-2:55, but after that, I may even toss ya a rib or two. Ya just hafta pretend we are friends!:D

Silver 04 silverado, white canopy, and black mobile smoker, like the one in my avatar.
The smoker hopefully will have lots of these:

inside.

;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts