Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have $150 bones in gift cards to Basspro and want a range finder.. i will use it for bow hunting mostly but will also probably use it for yote hunting and prarie dogs also so i was thinking about the Nikon 550 .... it has the ID technology which would be nice for hunting out here on dem dare mountains.....

so has anyone used this or know anyone who has used this.... likes dislikes?

its either that or some duck decoys and shells for duck hunting:lol:

i would get more use out of the range finder! so thats what i am leaning too but i dont want to get it and then not like it....

any help would be appreciated

thanks
-Craig

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from what i hear, you need the rangefinder for duckhunting...skybuster!!! :D
yeah right dude... dont be jealous of my great duck hunting abilities:lol:

where is your ohio deer? or michigan? she have you on lock down or what

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chicks like dudes with great skills...

the fun part of deer season hasn't even started yet! ;)

Gun hunter:lol:

yeah i wish i could hunt with anything just about anywhere right about now!!

So what range finder do you have???

anyone?

Beuller....

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
I have the Nikon 550, it works great! My biggest concern was low light conditions and being able to see the numbers, but no problems they seem to show fine. I liked the Nikon because they are water proof, many are just water resistant.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I've got the 440 and have been very happy with it. It doesn't have arc but that hasn't caused any problems. I take it with me on every hunt. If I had to chose, I would leave my binos at home and take the range finder.

PS Next time you're back in MI, bring some mountains home with you. I would enjoy them in SW MI.:)

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
I have the Nikon 550, it works great! My biggest concern was low light conditions and being able to see the numbers, but no problems they seem to show fine. I liked the Nikon because they are water proof, many are just water resistant.

:yeahthat:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts