Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Never used one but I would like to get one, my concern is paying out line, with a shorter rod or spinning reel you can grab the line to pay out, a longer rod of this style I would imagine it is cumbersome.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I've been using one for a few years now. I totally love it. It is just a really fun way to fish if you like to hole hop a lot like me. It works down to about 11ft, and I'm 6'1'' and I have the 54 ultralight. In the clear shallow water I fish a lot it keeps me back away from the hole and not spooking the fish. I watch a lot of ppl struggle to get big crappie on a short line with a short rod, and the jiggler really handles them perfectly. With a long rod you just slowly raise up and the fish pops out of the hole! Also with a line-thru rod you can feel bites very well because the line is in contact with the whole blank.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Never used one but I would like to get one, my concern is paying out line, with a shorter rod or spinning reel you can grab the line to pay out, a longer rod of this style I would imagine it is cumbersome.
You only pull out line once...when you start fishing. At most you may have to adjust your line out by a couple feet here and there, depending on depth and how you like to stand/hold the rod. I stand a lot with these rods, but sometimes take a knee or bucket top. No reeling is involved, you just raise the fish up and out, off the hook, in da bucket, I literally throw my tungsten back down the hole and get that 2nd big gill, because you know they travel in small packs and they move fast out of your hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts