Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year was my first year salmon and steelie fishing. Only got 2 to 3 buddies that join. Wondering if anyone wants to join for this season. Thinking of starting in Lakeport or the North channel. Sometime around april 10th, i'm going to Lake Ontario for some huge Kings.

Looking for some new experienced or "soon to Be" fisherman that want to join. I have a 20 foot trophy that is more that well equipped for fishing. Just looking for some new partners.

let me know soon.

Also, let me know of any outings.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
You found the right site. Come summer you'll start to see "Rider needed" or "Partner needed" threads here. Post one yourself if you're looking to fish and want a rider. Typically just put in the port you're going to fish and when you're going to hit the launch. You'll get a few takers most weekends and after work in the summer if you plan ahead.

It's a great group here.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
twoatatime, Do you belong to any fishing clubs? I see you're in Sterling Heights. I belong to the Detroit Area Steelheaders. We meet at Chicago(13Mile) and Van Dyke/Mound the last tuesday of every month. There are a ton of active members in the club that are looking for crews for their boats or other guys looking for a captain that needs crew. We have club outings and tournaments throughout the state year round. I have met alot of my fishing partners through the club. There website is:
http://www.detroitsteelheaders.org/

Let me know if you need any more info. You dont have to be a member to come to the meeting...

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Twoatatime,

I'm always looking for a fishing buddy. I like to fish during the week. I'm just getting into salmon fishing so if you can stand a rookie I'm your man.

I'm set up good for walleye fishing Erie so maybe we should hook up!:D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to see that there are some anglers wanting to join. As time approaches, I hope some of you are still eager to get out.

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,138 Posts
It's a great club for learning !

I too, am often looking for crew. Have a fully rigged 20' Starcraft Fishmaster set up for salmon & walleye. I'd be interested in swapping trips as well with other captains. I'm especially interested in having someone teach me how to handline the river.

My schedule is flexible and I try to beat the crowds by going out during the week whenever I can.

FIJI :cool:

·
Banned
214 Posts
have big willies bait file loaded with tots ready to fish....sold the boat last year.....can show ya how to fish erie ....spent a fair ammount of time on the big lakes as a first mate slamming salmon

if you looking for a partner let me know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts