Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone had ventured into reloading the 350 L? If so, any information or tips you have would be appreciated.
Very little information available on this round.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
. I am interested in finding bullets that actually flatten out. I watched many vids of paper plates and water jugs being hit. Seems all fatory bullets at this time are kinda junk. The lead appears to be much to hard and either stays in tack or shatters. None mushroom. I am a newb and have never reloaded. Many are using 9mm. Be nice to find a bullet that is made soft enough to expands on contact with a deer vs putting a small hole through. But whater. Thanks.
after watching that last vidoe makes me wounder if you could not reuse 223/556 cut down with the really big lead? Thanks

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Hodgdon has data for the 125 grain Barnes copper XPB up to 2600 fps. No question it would mushroom, but how would penetration be if bone was hit?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just looked that up. (125 grain Barnes copper XPB ) that appears to be 357 which would need to be resized down to 350/9mm. They do also make a 115 in 9mm. I went to 6 different stores that sell ammo looking for the budget fmj winchester. Only found one box for $17. Gonna have to order online i guess. Nobody can keep it in stock.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
The Barnes 125 is for the 357 Sig, and is a .355" bullet.
They make a 140 grain .357, which would not work

·
Registered
853 Posts
Just wondering if anyone had ventured into reloading the 350 L? If so, any information or tips you have would be appreciated.

I recently purchased the Hornady Reloading book/app and they are giving away some reloading data for free. One of them is the 350 Legend.
Take a look.

·
Registered
853 Posts

You might want to pick up the Hoddon reloading magazine 2020, it has a dedicated section on reloading for the 350 L.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022296214

A few teaser pages for you.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Have reloaded hundreds of rounds for this cartridge.
1680 for 170+ grs bullets is very good. Can't get enough in the case for it to over pressure.
Lil gun and the 140 ftx is my go to. Starline brass and ~25 grs of Lil gun gets almost 2500 fps. Very accurate out of my 18" ar barrel.
Still don't understand the undersized bullets. My gun will take 357 bullets all day long. Just not 358.
H110 is accurate but not a velocity King.
4227 showed big velocity swings with temp changes

Just got some 125gr hammer bullets to try. Won't start shooting those until June it so.
And the 200 ftx resized shoots very well, but only like 1900-1950 fps before I over pressure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
35,274 Posts
350 Legend pretty well mirrors 357 Maximum performance. Stick with bullets designed for pistols vs rifles. To get more options get a sizing die that will reduce a .357” pistol bullet down to .355”. Jacketed lead bullets size easily. .358” pure copper bullets should be annealed before attempting to resize.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I had place order with Midway earlier in day. Wished I would have seen this, I would have put that on the order.
Thanks for sharing.
Ahh dang, I just got mine a few days ago and opened it and saw the 350 section sorry was just a little late getting it to you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The Barnes 125 is for the 357 Sig, and is a .355" bullet.
They make a 140 grain .357, which would not work
Ken,
I have been loading the Barnes 140 grain .357 XPB bullets and have been shooting them out of my CVA Scout rifle with no problems. I started with low loads of H110 and Lil-Gun working up 1/2 grain at a time. I kept an eye on the cases to make sure the primers didn't show signs of over pressure. My break action also let me know when to stop going any higher. It would need a little extra pressure to break open. Even with that happening the primers still looked good to me. As far as I'm concerned I believe the Barnes 140gr .357 XPB bullets are ok to use in my break action CVA rifle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts