Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Posted this on the whitetail habitat site because I was planting some apple trees when that job turned another direction. Heard some Toms gobbling while finishing my tree planting. Ready to start watering I couldn't help myself hearing those gobblers, I decided to suit up, grab the scatter gun and start out toward the birds. After 45 minutes or so of crawling close enough for a shot, wound up rewarded with a 10"/8" double bearded Tom. 27.75 lbs, 1.25" spurs. Guessing he has some age on him. Typically I take out a bow but that hasn't worked out for me for a few years so grabbed what I know will get it done at 50 yards if necessary.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,250 Posts
Posted this on the whitetail habitat site because I was planting some apple trees when that job turned another direction. Heard some Toms gobbling while finishing my tree planting. Ready to start watering I couldn't help myself hearing those gobblers, I decided to suit up, grab the scatter gun and start out toward the birds. After 45 minutes or so of crawling close enough for a shot, wound up rewarded with a 10"/8" double bearded Tom. 27.75 lbs, 1.25" spurs. Guessing he has some age on him. Typically I take out a bow but that hasn't worked out for me for a few years so grabbed what I know will get it done at 50 yards if necessary.
Great bird! Congrats 👏

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
congrats great double beard usually the second beard is real thin that one look great 27 pounds and those spurs he for sure old bird

1 - 20 of 28 Posts