Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out Sunday for an equipment shake down. I did not see any. The Deer were moving well. I saw 6 driving out 3 in the field and 3 more on the way home. All between 6:30- 13:00.

Jim

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well. I'll be up in unit J Oct - 7 - 11th. East of gaylord. Sitting on a stump in the woods with my old recurve. I'll give an update when I return, Successful or not. I have video and pics on my phone from last fall. So one of these days ,I have to learn how to post them.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: w7durango

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Saw a gaggle of turkeys while grouse hunting in the N LP this past weekend. Of course, that made me realize and wonder why I didn't buy my fall turkey tag! Figures.

Reactions: jem44357

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went out again Sunday morning did not see or hear any, just 3 deer. Maybe this weekend archery starter will be better.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have had 25 or so regularly on my trail cams. I was out on oct.1 deer hunting and had them walk in on me but I think the lead hen saw me or something because before I could even get my bow off the hook they all turned and walked into the woods. But there is still time and I have some nice ones out there

·
Registered
11,452 Posts
I've only had a chance to make it out for an hour or so once so far....maybe this weekend!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ends November 14th

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was out Thursday picking a spot for my popup. After clearing a spot I went and sat for about an hour with my Xbow in another location but did not see any Turkeys or Deer. I did see a flock of about 8-10 birds and 2-4 deer as I was driving out SMH.

Reactions: itchn2fish

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Out Saturday eve and Sunday morning with my brother Deer/Turkey hunting. He heard one gobble sat just before dark. Sun around 8 we heard gobbles and he saw one head bopping past at about 45 yards. Bumped into a guy who was hunting near us and he said it was 7-8 jakes. Maybe this weekend.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sunday morning, we ran into several long beards but never came in range. lots of clucking and gobbling over the weekend. I will get one lol

Reactions: jem44357

·
Registered
233 Posts
I went out Sunday for an equipment shake down. I did not see any. The Deer were moving well. I saw 6 driving out 3 in the field and 3 more on the way home. All between 6:30- 13:00.

Jim
Hah! I'm having quite the opposite results. I go deer hunting and I see a dozen turkeys! Have yet to see a deer in the field but I see them to and from the hunting spot.

Unfortunately these turkeys are in SEMI on public where they can't be harvested in the Fall.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts