Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fishing on the LM for steely’s two weekends ago and caught this trout in my last spot. It looks like it has some brooky in it, but definitely isn’t a brooky. Anyone have any suggestions.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yepper Tiger Trout/ hybred between brooke and brown trout, looks like one I caught three years ago out of a stream up near Evart...Nice.. ;)

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
very rare indeed! sweet fish, many if not most people go through their entire lives without catching one. EXCELLENT!

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
Yeah that is a Tiger trout for sure, they are so rare! That is a very large one too, congrats!

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Tiger trout! I caught a 14" tiger on the South Branch this year! That is awsome! Great pictures of it too! :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but the South Branch of what river? (if you don't mind me asking....just curiosity)

Joe

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Yup! Tiger Trout and it is a larger one. That 14" mentioned above was a dandy. Yes, you can keep them, but I'd suggest returning them. While I doubt they can breed, most crosses like that are infertile, it is a fine fish to keep in the stream and all to rare to keep.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
South Branch of the AuSable. I concur with Whit. I returned mine to the water. You have some great pictures of it. It might be nice to give the pictures to a taxidermist and have it re-created.

Congrats again on your rare catch ;)

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
WILDCATWICK said:
You have some great pictures of it. It might be nice to give the pictures to a taxidermist and have it re-created.

A GREAT idea!!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone know a taxidermy that is good or specializes in trout replicas? I was definitely considering getting it done. I will catch a lot of trophy fish in my life, but from talking to many different people, it sounds like I won’t catch another tiger.

Thanks, Gabe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts