Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well after being laid off at my job as a CNC machinist I decided to go back to school. I have completed the CNA course at Henry Ford Community College and taken my state test. Currently I am on the waiting list for nursing and I am looking for a job as a nursing assistant. If anyone knows of any positions available or knows someone that might be able to point me in a direction it would be appreciated. Thanks Joel

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I have heard there is a hiring freeze for nursing. There is such a glut of nursing students, most places are at capacity.
Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
444 Posts
there are many options in the medical field, surgical technologist, pharmacy tech, physical therapy assistant just to name a few. Hospitals have lots of different positions

·
Registered
656 Posts
My wife worked at a nursing home during her study of nursing, it was great for her resume. If you can't get hired, offer to volunteer your time for the same position. You'd be surprised how fast things turn around for those willing to give, especially in the health field.

It's double edged right now, private sectors aren't doing well, while there are hundreds of resume's competing for a single job as public servants. Hang in there man, I know I'm trying my best, too.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,145 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts