Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this cold weather sucks but I've seen birds all week in my fields. Unfortunately, I had to have a little surgery on my lip yesterday so i can't call and my partner backed out so I wasnt able to get out. Anyone shoot anything today?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where r ya guys findin birds at right now? we got 18 inches of ice on the lakes here,lol.
We still have open water in SE Michigan. A few lakes with a river current by my hunting area is open. Saw a few hundred geese this week, just wasnt able to get out and hunt them.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yep hunted today. Birds flew at 5:10 pm and all at once. sat down in a fields 300 yards west of us for 20 minutes and then got up and flew right back to where they came from.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Heading out at 9am. Hitting a traffic field. Going to be a PITA keeping the snow off the decoys. But that will keep us warm:D

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
I know this cold weather sucks but I've seen birds all week in my fields. Unfortunately, I had to have a little surgery on my lip yesterday so i can't call and my partner backed out so I wasnt able to get out. Anyone shoot anything today?
Well if you need a caller I'm open anytime! Also have a dog and gear. Lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Same here! Have Trailer full, Will Travel!
You guys are a few days late, but if I had known I would have loves to have you guys out. I need some new guys to hunt with, I have one guy that never wants to go, and one guy that has no gear and always wants to go, but always works weekends. I'll keep it in mind for early season though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts