Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in a few bands.. trying to figure out a solid lineup of musicians for at least one of them...
was wondering if any of you guys might have a talented young man/woman who is interested in playing in a band part-time..

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Too far away for my kids. I have one who plays guitar, and one who is a drummer. Would be nice to get them playing at someone elses house. lol

For Chrismas there is a new guitar under the tree, and new cymbals (boy those things are expensive).

·
Administrator
17,434 Posts
What kind of music... Both of my sons are drummers and have played in bands.
<----<<<

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.myspace.com/wearethemutiny

it won't appeal to any of your ears but the young kids eat it up

and yeah cymbals are expensive.. when i was working at GM i upgraded my kit and got all zildjian A customs (20" ride, 18" crash, 16" crash, 8" splash) a 14" oriental china, and 13" k/z custom high hats.... probably about 1400 worth just in bronze/tin
drums are EXPENSIVE to play.. that's why it's hard to find a lot of good drummers. most parents won't let their kids have that kind of stuff at such a young age...
you sure find a lot of guitarists though :D

oh btw
we practice in grand blanc, but 2 members are from howell/hartland area so whichever is closer we could move our practice space there..

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also i'd like to add that we are a drug-free band
those of us old enough to drink do on occasion

i've had my fair share of drug addiction though, and after being clean for a while, i refuse to let anyone close to me (especially in a band) walk miles through this shTt I had to walk though...

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
also i'd like to add that we are a drug-free band
those of us old enough to drink do on occasion

i've had my fair share of drug addiction though, and after being clean for a while, i refuse to let anyone close to me (especially in a band) walk miles through this shTt I had to walk though...
im extreamly happy for your power to over come addiction... i had to watch my sister distroy her life and our family while addicted to alchohal and hard drugs. she hit rock bottem and at the begging of my folks, she finaly addmited to the problem:)rolleyes:problem, more like disaster) and went into rehab. this summer will be 5 years sober for her. im extreamly proud of her will power and i suport all who seek to better their flawed lifestyle. not only have you improved your own life. think of all the loved ones who arent worrying tonight, about you, because you decided to be a man and face your addiction, and beat it. kudos. i was sXe until i turned 21. i still dont drink much if one beer every week... i wasnt into the getting **** faced thing in high school... never have been.

im not a fan of the type of music you play in the least... its a bit too poppy for my likes... im into hardcore and grind core, hatebreed, terror, recon, carnifex... but good luck finding what you need. lord knows the 16 yo girls eat that stuff up like mothers milk. should you catch a break, you'll make some cash on those freshman girls buying your albums... i have a 16 yo cousin whos just gaa gaa for chiodos... i cant stand em.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not a fan of the type of music you play in the least... its a bit too poppy for my likes... im into hardcore and grind core, hatebreed, terror, recon, carnifex... but good luck finding what you need. lord knows the 16 yo girls eat that stuff up like mothers milk. should you catch a break, you'll make some cash on those freshman girls buying your albums... i have a 16 yo cousin whos just gaa gaa for chiodos... i cant stand em.

dude that is SO true
i do like metal a lot.. in fact i'm in another band but i'm having a problem with the guitarist/songwriter whos a huge pot-head, he's doing acid a lot, and hangs around a bunch of guys who do blow at least once a week..
he's kind of a dick and if the band even went anywhere, i'd probably freak out on him because of the forced 24/7 companionship we'd have to have for living out of a van and going from city to city..
i dunno that's a whole nother demon in it's own

but yeah that stuff is poppy.. the guitarist in that one is going for that sound. i actually played drums on the tracks, but it's too simple for me. it just keeps me from being interested.
i started another jam band last night along the lines of like circa survive really spacey almost like, post hardcore/screamo,trippy stoner sound
it was a good jam, but we need to sit down and actually WRITE some music.. it could go somewhere, at least for jamming locally and recording a demo.

btw do you remember the band "ready for the world" ? they had a #1 song.. "oh sheila" i believe
one of the guys in that band is real close with the metal-band-guy's dad

and that's crazy you mention chiodos
a guy i used to go to school with is playing drums in king, which is jason (from chiodos) new band. they're like metalcore
myspace.com/king810 you should check it out.. it's sweet
but i've hung out with them on more than one occasion and andy especially is a dick

i'm really surprised to see that there are some people on this forum that are into some of the same that i'm into, other than outdoors stuff.. :D

another thing.. didn't there used to be a substance abuse section on this forum? or maybe that was another forum i used to visit..

thanks for the replies, i got a PM so far :D we'll see where it leads...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I have a MIM Fender Strat, and can't play a song yet, still learning, maybe some day twenty years from now, we can jam.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
i'm really surprised to see that there are some people on this forum that are into some of the same that i'm into, other than outdoors stuff.. :D
im pretty much the resident heavy music fan of this and many mchigan and taxidermy related forums... i like all types of music, EXCEPT country... but my main stay is metalcore, grindcore and mostly hardcore. iv always enjoyed the postive messages most hardcore bands have in the songs... like hatebreed, my favorite band. but still love the intense sounds and deep tracks from bands like suicide silence, dispised icon, and carnifex.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Sound good but just a little over the edge for me.. I draw the line at music like Megadeath- Tornado of Souls (favorite song)... I used to be into the music scene big time back in the 80s and ran lights for many Detroit bands like Weapons, Halloween, Strut, etc, etc, etc... At that time Steve Fernino was the hotest drummer in Detroit and actually played on stage with Uncle Ted when he was only 10 years old... I played a old Gibson SG that original P90 pick-ups and through a hot-rodded marshal stack. It had so much low-end crunch, it made Metalica sound like a pop band :lol:

CB

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
good luck (finding kids that can play more than just guitar hero and rock band)....

:lol:

seriously good luck.....let us know how the band comes together......

oh, and [email protected]

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
polka.......

wasn't laughin at you Neil......come on.....you don't listen to country.....how could I laugh "at" you???

:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts