Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
Would it be too simple to take an old blanket and run it over your poles on the roof and put some velcro to hold it in there? Plus you get extra insulation to keep the heat in and it's not a permanent deal you can undo at any time.....

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's worth a shot. I would use a material that resists water/ moisture. Maybe wool or some kind of fleece material.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I darkened the interior of lucky tent pop up blind for turkey hunting by using fabric adhesive to adhere black, landscape cloth. I needed something durable yet light weight and that seemed to fit the bill. This is the stuff you lay in the garden and cover with mulch to act as a weed barrier.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I had the same issue with my new Clam last year....I hadn't even considered that when making my buying decision (ooops). They should all be blacked out on the inside, advantage Frabil for using a black material to begin with.

I tried the 10 cans of spray on stuff with no real sucess. I ended up buying some very thick black plastic from Home Depot I think its 20 mill thick, way more on the roll than I needed for like $20. I believe its the vapor barrier for when you poor basement cement floors. It took some planning and effort to get it up in between the poles and the tent and you have to be careful where you cut the slits for the velcro pole/tent connections but I have to say it works way better than I expected....Lightweight, durable and cheap with no light penitration.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Purchased 1/2 dozen cans of fabric paint from Larson's Salvage in BC for my old shanty. did not have a chance to use it (bought a new Otter instead!!) but seems that the stuff was ideal for single layer fabric. Bonus was the cans were only 50 cents each so a few bucks goes a long way!!

·
Super Moderator
35,286 Posts
Anybody have a solution for worn spots in the coating on the inside of a shanty? Noticed a few spots where the coating is getting thin and showing light through. I was thinking flexseal for touch up.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I used a lil bit of bedliner spray on mine. Did it during warmer months and works well nice rubber spray

1 - 20 of 27 Posts