Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
ACV most definitely has helped a ton. But cutting out all the crap that I love to eat and drink like coke and chocolate sure has helped a ton. Don't eat at least three hours before bed now when I would eat just before bed. Amazing how much better I feel in just a short period of time.only hope it stays this way.

·
Banned
11,515 Posts
Give up all the good tasting stuff. You'll feel better.
No way it could be that you don't exercise or can't find a pill from the doctor to combat it.
Acid reflux is self inflicted.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I swear by a a heaping tablespoon of BAking soda in a glass of water.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Sorry Steve, but about the time my stomach is lower relative to everything else is about the time my wife will be hinting about twin beds. :p

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
I had a bad one on Saturday night, garlicky Middle Eastern food, and a bottle of wine set it off bad. I hated to do it but I had to go to the baking soda and water trick, which knocked it right out.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I would do the baking soda thing for years until my doctor got on my case for it. Gave me a list of reasons not to use it.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Seems to be a common problem. Coincidentally I have my follow up appointment with gastro doc after my first endoscopy. I think I was 12/13 the first time I had heart burn. I am 48 now. 10-15 years ago was the first time I woke up gasping for air because I was choking on acid. Scared the hell out of my wife. I figured out if that if I took an acid controller (famotidine) before I ate chicken shack, fried fish, pizza, etc. I would not likely have a problem. Well around November 2015 a smokehouse opened up in Clawson and I hit that hard for 11 months. I did notice that my preventive measures did not do the trick against over-eating BBQ. In October of last year I got up one morning to go perch fishing and had a difficult time swallowing water after a few days of eating poorly. I think I had Culver's the night before at 9:30-10. That sounded the alarm. I still went fishing and did quite well, all alone, right off the GPYC. Went to doctor, got the scope and after the procedure was told that he found evidence of acid damage in the bottom third of my esophages and 2/3 of my stomach. I have been on omeprazole and trying not to over-eat. Feeling a lot better. I cut way back on pop years ago. The only thing I haven't eaten is that BBQ and I miss it.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts