Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Anyone found any perch

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  trophy18 
#1 ·
Just wanted to know if anybody's been Out and found any perch

Fish on !!!

#2 ·
I remember my father and I lowering his 17' aluminum from the hoist and running less than a mile, straight out from our cabin near Oak Beach, to catch our perch limit in 6' - 9' of water. Plus, mostly jumbos!

I heard a rumor of perch being caught in Port Austin again. I have my two little daughters with me and just beginning to introduce them to fishing. We're at Oak Beach for the week with my tournament ready yarcraft and would love to find a school of perch to help get the girls hooked on our great Michigan sport, the same way my Dad got me hooked. Bonus, Papa is with us, so it would surely be a memorable and nostalgic trip.

Please, anyone who's found these tasty critters, please share your report.

Thanks!
Chris B.
"Fishbowler"

#3 ·
found a few in the usual spots the past couple days. fished perch mon, and tue after the storms, cought about 30 between wife and myself mon near shipping channel by spark plug, and tues got 18 after the storms blew through, in the same general area. all in 21 ft of h20, night crawler pieces on perch rigs, or under slip bobber. their bellies were all FULL of those tiny, clear, water fleas.

#4 ·
Thanks JAE,

Great to hear someone is targeting....and catching the perch again. Also, great to hear they hit on worms; especially given there's only one place to get minnows from Sebawaing to Harbor Beach (in Caseville). One question, where is the "Spark Plug" near the shipping channel? If you prefer, you can respond via my email or mobile phone.

Thank you, I can't wait to take the girls out to ry their new pink perch fishing rigs :)

Chris B.
(734) 660-4179
chris.boytim@gmail.com

#5 ·
Thanks JAE,

Great to hear someone is targeting....and catching the perch again. Also, great to hear they hit on worms; especially given there's only one place to get minnows from Sebawaing to Harbor Beach (in Caseville). One question, where is the "Spark Plug" near the shipping channel? If you prefer, you can respond via my email or mobile phone.

Thank you, I can't wait to take the girls out to ry their new pink perch fishing rigs :)

Chris B.
(734) 660-4179
chris.boytim@gmail.com
Here's a map to play with, zoom in and out at bottom. You can ever zoom out and click anywhere on the big lakes shorelines, and zoom back in;) The spark plug is bouy 12(red one) in shipping channel, about 7 miles from sag. rivermouth

http://mapserver.mytopo.com/homepag...ytopo.com/homepage/index.cfm&latlontype=DM.MM

#14 ·
I would like to know also. It will be a good test for my Min Kota iPilot. Some friends in Ohio say it holds them better that a long rode on an anchor.
I would go perching more if I did not have to pull an anchor! LOL

#15 ·
I would like to know also. It will be a good test for my Min Kota iPilot. Some friends in Ohio say it holds them better that a long rode on an anchor.
The capt. never pulls the anchor, thats for the crew to handle:lol: Also, once your ready to pull, drop in gear and idle forward as the person is pulling. Makes it 10 times easier;)

#16 ·
The capt. never pulls the anchor, thats for the crew to handle:lol: Also, once your ready to pull, drop in gear and idle forward as the person is pulling. Put in neutral once its broke free from bottom and coming up. Makes it 10 times easier;)

#18 ·

ya just pull it with the boat to break it loose all ya gotta do is flop em over......a 20 dollar anchor is sure a LOT cheaper than an i pilot:dizzy: 6 of my buddys got rangers and not a one uses an i pilot to fish perch:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.