Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone to fish Bear Creek (trib of the Big Man) with me tomorrow and the roommates all left town. Been electroshocking the river all summer so I have a good idea where to catch large quantities. Not an expert river rat yet, but will definitely get on some fish. PM if interested!

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Next week maybe, though the big fat fish are probably starting to invade it now, not what I usually go for on a stream; I do that out at the shore.

·
Registered
13,455 Posts
You have been electro-shocking Bear Creek all summer? Hopefully through working on a project with the DNR, right? I don't think that is a good thing for the average citizen to do, for any number of reasons. What have you been finding large quantities of?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Don't think he was doing that as an average citizen. I used to do a lot of it in the late 90s as an intern for a grad. project. Backpack, barge and pontoon style depending on the body of water. Saw some very cool fish at odd times of year. Great experiences; helped me big time as a fisherman, not so much with a career, but that worked itself out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts