Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I got 5 days off next week and wonder if anyone is out on any lakes or ponds in this area. I'm in the Flint area. I have been stuck with loads of work and have not been out to see if any lakes had people on them. I can't wait to get out, I have missed the last 2 years of fishing because we have 2 year old twins that take up my fishing time:) :gaga: :dizzy: :help: . Is there safe ice with all the warm temps and rain?:confused: If so how are you guys doing? Give me something to keep me going for the rest of the week and then it is my time!;) THANKS AND GOOD LUCK:eek:ne_eye:

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
I think you're stuck traveling north to find some safe ice. It was pretty iffy on lake nepessing before the warm wx came last week.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I haven't seen anybody out in the last couple of days, with this weather I don't think there's too much soild ice left. Hopefully that will change soon.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Lakes in the Fenton area are still ice covered though probably not safe right now, with the below freezing temps forecasted starting Thurs. you should be able to find some safe ice in protected areas by Sat. Be careful.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Drove around Sat to North, Hart, Mott, Beull. Nobody out and thawed around edges. Didn't try it, didn't have anybody with me to watch me go down so, what fun is that?

Go north young man go north!

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
bigmike said:
:confused: I got 5 days off next week and wonder if anyone is out on any lakes or ponds in this area. I'm in the Flint area. I have been stuck with loads of work and have not been out to see if any lakes had people on them. I can't wait to get out, I have missed the last 2 years of fishing because we have 2 year old twins that take up my fishing time:) :gaga: :dizzy: :help: . Is there safe ice with all the warm temps and rain?:confused: If so how are you guys doing? Give me something to keep me going for the rest of the week and then it is my time!;) THANKS AND GOOD LUCK:eek:ne_eye:
I'm not going around Flint until the ice gets better and I hope you don't. I was at Fenton over a week ago and in one spot i got water with my spud on two strikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts