Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Michigan pasty! It's great for lunch and stays warm till about 11am.

This can be moved to "Big Game Recipes” but i didn't think it would get many responses there.

Also, who makes the best Pasty in Michigan?

My vote goes for Grandma T's in Ishpeming.

·
Registered
9,709 Posts
I made the best pasties in Michigan until I moved to Pennsylvania. Now I make the best pasties in PA! ;)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I can't eat something that heavy when hunting, makes me want to take a big nap if I'm just sitting. There used to be a place in Clawson (Barb's pizza I think) that made some really good ones. I believe she was from the U.P originally. Probably not the best in Mi but pretty good.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Reminds me of Tangleknots post on making pasties by the hundreds to freeze them. After I read that I talked to a women in the UP that makes 800 pasties at a time for an annual church function.

Good Read

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think the name of the place is Lawries in Marquette? My mother gave me a dozen as a birthday present last year. Mmm, good eats! Grandma use to make them when I was a kid, hers were the best.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Garret said:
A Michigan pasty! It's great for lunch and stays warm till about 11am.

This can be moved to "Big Game Recipes” but i didn't think it would get many responses there.

Also, who makes the best Pasty in Michigan?

My vote goes for Grandma T's in Ishpeming.
:lol: Never had a pasty from Grandma T's but its in Neguanee about 3 miles from Ishpeming (lol) My Wife makes the best Pasty in the U.P but dont tell her I said so because I always end up mixing all the ingriedients for her and theres 4 in our family but she always wants 30 to 40 made at a time:yikes: , By the way I pass Grandma T's on my way to work every day :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts