Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
I would like to see the landowners having to prove meat was used for consumption. Neighbor has deer laying all over hell from gut shots to double lungers. The dink could at least donate the meat. Somehow he has permits to shoot bucks during bow season with a rifle. Dnr was called and I was told nothing can be done

Discussion starter · #42 ·
I would like to see the landowners having to prove meat was used for consumption. Neighbor has deer laying all over hell from gut shots to double lungers. The dink could at least donate the meat. Somehow he has permits to shoot bucks during bow season with a rifle. Dnr was called and I was told nothing can be done
"Has deer laying all over hell......" This sounds more like the summer crop damage permits program. Was this back before the Youth Hunt in September ? In June thru Labor Day timeframe ?
DMAPs are only good during a regular season with a weapon that is legal for that season and all other rules apply. So using DMAPs with a gun are legal during the EAS, but from Oct. 1st thru Nov. 14th only archery equipment can be used.

"he has permits to shoot bucks during bow season with a rifle." This would not be DMAPs or at least I have never read about any DMAP usage like that. Maybe a Christmas tree farm with some type of crop damage permit ????

You know for a fact what you stated above is correct or is this 2nd hand information. For sure I would be doing more calls about the buck kills with a gun during bow season.

L & O

Reactions: plugger
He has a homemade airstrip and is given special permits. Dnr has been called last 3 years and were sympathetic but said he is legit. One of the neighbors even told us he asked them permission to cut thru to get to my stands. Was told we need to catch him on our side of the fence to do anything. We know he is shooting deer on other properties than they are issued but catching him is a different story as they shoot all summer and then bow season

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.