Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone planning on Bago this year? Ice sucks so far and the forecast isnt much better. Thinking of canceling our openeing weekend trip now and trying to reschedule for the following weekend with our guide. Flip side is, this is why you pay a guide. If anyone will no where the safe ice is, its the guys who live on the lake year round. If we cant drive out, I curious to see where everyone parks! We normally just drive right out. Not like there are launches everywhere. Just road that go right out on the lake.

Second issue, where will we park if when we go to Wendt's and the Gas Hole!!! Normally they park everyone out on the ice. No way in hell I'm parking out there with 6-8" of ice!

·
Darkhouse Ninja
5,601 Posts
Anyone planning on Bago this year? Ice sucks so far and the forecast isnt much better. Thinking of canceling our openeing weekend trip now and trying to reschedule for the following weekend with our guide. Flip side is, this is why you pay a guide. If anyone will no where the safe ice is, its the guys who live on the lake year round. If we cant drive out, I curious to see where everyone parks! We normally just drive right out. Not like there are launches everywhere. Just road that go right out on the lake.

Second issue, where will we park if when we go to Wendt's and the Gas Hole!!! Normally they park everyone out on the ice. No way in hell I'm parking out there with 6-8" of ice!
Scott said he’s checking everyday next week but as of right now it’s looking like a wash even if it freezes now the water clarity will be horrible from algae blooms, the lake needs ice and snow cover the kill algae

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Reactions: Silver Panner

·
Darkhouse Ninja
5,601 Posts
If clarity sucks, but we can still get out, we are going. Cant be worse then last year, could it?
The year before clarity was worse then last year, last year it was about the 10year average of I remember right. Scotts going to us know next week it’s worth the trip. He’s basically already said it’s looking like we’ll be staying home, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Reactions: Silver Panner

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's right.... Two years ago was the super bad year. The season is 16 days if I remember correctly so i feel like that's why the guys out there are not as stressed about the ice conditions as the out-of-state guys. They have plenty of time to get out there. I am fairly sure we could move our trip to the following weekend with our guy, however its probably 50/50 if I can get away with it (read - fun governor may not be as cool with that idea as our guide is.) Temps look good starting on the 3rd. Instead of going Friday to Tuesday we have talked about Thursday to Sunday. After that Sunday the rest of the season is no good for me.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I got the official cancellation for opening weekend today. :( Plan is to go the following weekend. We should just load up the truck and hit Black Lake instead. At least we will get on the ice and have a chance.

·
Darkhouse Ninja
5,601 Posts
Just got word Scott is setting our darkhouses, it’s going to be atv travel but he found active fish and 13’ of visibility in 17’ of water. Two years ago we had 7’ of visibility, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

1 - 18 of 18 Posts