Kozbow - 70
Horseshoe - 50
QDMAMAN – 65
LoBrass - 60
FishNazi - ?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Well I can still see white in the birds black bands on his tail feathers. Koz taught me that it means a 2 year old bird. So I'll throw 45pts out there.

·
Premium Member
31,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
31,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll take Snoods for 80 Alex!
Why....that would make him the biggest bird in the contest and surely a tie breaker. Guess I'll keep my bird on ice for a few more days.:evil:

·
Premium Member
31,781 Posts
Typical snoods move to make sure they are in the running or winning with a collab of measurements/other pics to choose from.

Rules clearly state post pics and score within a week not three.
SO....did you want to guess? :lol:

Sounds like someone's sad that they already lost...again. :evil:

There are rules and there are requests.

Please post kill photos within one week of killing the bird so that we can keep up with the scoring thread.

Asking "Please" falls in to the "request" column. ;)

It's also a "request" that you have fun in this "for fun contest". Should I DQ you OB Gyn Canoby?

Complaining about the contest falls under the "rules" sub column "I'm volunteering to run this show next year" column. :evil:

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
sounds like someone's sad that they already lost...again. :evil:

There are rules and there are requests.

please post kill photos within one week of killing the bird so that we can keep up with the scoring thread.

asking "please" falls in to the "request" column. ;)

it's also a "request" that you have fun in this "for fun contest". Should i dq you ob gyn canoby?

complaining about the contest falls under the "rules" sub column "i'm volunteering to run this show next year" column. :evil:

ouch!!!

·
Premium Member
31,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I can still see white in the birds black bands on his tail feathers. Koz taught me that it means a 2 year old bird. So I'll throw 45pts out there.
You win for being closest.:evil:

Posting bird up for Fishnazi and team Snood Dudes.

Both spurs at 3/4".

Beard at 10 1/8"

And the gratuitous hero shot for 40 points to finish out another great year of hunting with the coolest Dudes ever!

·
Premium Member
31,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I WIN!!!!!!!

Koz is a good teacher.
When the student is ready, the teacher appears! Something some guys struggle with. ;)

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I am really curious about this. The white does not jump out at me. Can you expand on this a little bit? Thanks! And great job everyone on the birds.
Look at 2nd feather up from back. In black band.

Notice a slight iredescent coloring in the middle of that black band.

Jakes hold that color on every feather. At 2 depending on how late bird was born they carry it. At 3 it is unlikely and all black bands are solid black.

Spur sharpness is really only indicator of age after that.

Some three year olds will carry the coloring and it is possible Fishnazis bird could be 3 but not normally a 3 year old with that iredescent coloring.

The bird that puzzled me this year is Ack's bird as his fan looks 3 but his spurs scream 2.

Toms only live to about 5 yrs old and a 5 year old is an old bird.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Look at 2nd feather up from back. In black band.

Notice a slight iredescent coloring in the middle of that black band.

Jakes hold that color on every feather. At 2 depending on how late bird was born they carry it. At 3 it is unlikely and all black bands are solid black.

Spur sharpness is really only indicator of age after that.

Some three year olds will carry the coloring and it is possible Fishnazis bird could be 3 but not normally a 3 year old with that iredescent coloring.

The bird that puzzled me this year is Ack's bird as his fan looks 3 but his spurs scream 2.

Toms only live to about 5 yrs old and a 5 year old is an old bird.
Thanks Ken for the explanation. This is something I will focus on in future hunts. I have killed probably 25 birds, been a caller on another 25 kills and have never noticed this about 2 year olds. This is why I come to this site daily...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.